Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on AX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions on AX

I really want a American Express card , but every time I go to the pre qualify page it never offers me anything. My TU- 708, Eq- 705 & Ex- 703. My utilization is 4% and HI are 5. I want the card but don’t want the hard pull unless I have a good chance of being approved. I just can’t get pass the pre quality .I was approved for a BOA a couple months back .
Any thoughts !
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions on AX

are you talking about a specific Amex card?

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for connecting .
No , no particular one. Mabe travel or reward points.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex has a long line of cards, each may require different fico score and credit history. It would be very helpful if you name a few you are interested.

For starter, everyday card should be fairly easy to get.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyday ?
Ok cool, thanks. Yeah, I’m just looking for a simple AX that I could use for my weekly shopping. I would pay its balance off each month so I wouldn’t put too much on it.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Message 5 of 23
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

For me it was Delta in January, Platinum and BCP in February. I think Delta Gold is pretty easy.
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't think delta gold earns MR.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome ... thanks a lot !
Message 8 of 23
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

Not having a pre-approval does not mean you will not be approved. Plenty of people get approved for credit cards and never get Preapprovals. I understand wanting to get some type of assurance before you apply but even then a preapproval isn’t a sure thing.

If you could post some more details on your credit profile. We can make some educated guesses on your chances.

Are those scores listed Fico ? If so which version?
Other stats such as average account age would be helpful.

The delta cards are probably the most relaxed underwriting followed by the charge cards.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 9 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP

A little more info would help.

AAOA
AOYA
Any baddies

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.