cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions please! BT recommendations...

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Suggestions please! BT recommendations...

Hi all,

I'm at it again, trying to find a card I can finally transfer this dang balance over once and for all. My scores (according to what my lender pulled at the end of May) were: TU: 698, EQ: 672, EX: 642. Here are the balances on my current cards:

WTXFCU: $5,623/$6K

HD: $3,698/$4,500

Chase: $2,790/$3,000

BM: $573/$3,400

Kohl's: $75/$1000

DB: $0/$2500

I will have the BM card paid off by July and my husband will be paying off the HD card in full by Jul/Aug. That only leaves my Chase and WTXFCU cards. The WTXFCU card has a fixed rate of 8%, so I'm not so worried about paying it off right now. I'm really trying to find a card that I can transfer the Chase balance onto, since this card is at 26% and the minimum payment is nuts! TIA!!!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Re: Suggestions please! BT recommendations...

**Oh and I know those high balances look unfavorable to some CC companies, just looking for suggestions on CC's that are known to give BT's even with high balances on other cards. I know Discover, Chase and AMEX are out of the question. lol

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 2 of 8
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Yikes. 26%. How long have you had the card? If you haven't already, I would call Chase and ask for a reduction in the apr. I've been able to get them down on their interest in doing that. If you're able to pay off the HD and the GM by July or at least significantly lower the balance, I'd also p/o that Kohl's one stat so that it reports a zero on your report. Those things could give you the boost you need in order to up your score and you may be able to go for the Discover It for their 18m BT promo. I think you could definitely do it. Good luck!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

check the pre-qual offers on chase and citi.... those offers are good if you they give you one.

if nothing there, then we can get more creative.

Message 4 of 8
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Thank you both.

Yes, I have tried calling Chase in order to negotiate a better rate and all they keep telling me is they're giving me the best rate they can offer me at this time. Whatever. My scores aren't bad, but I know the reason they are a little lower is due to my utilization. I know that will change once the HD and BM cards are paid down, and yes, I'll def. go ahead and pay the $75 so that Kohl's shows a $0 balance.

I opted out a while back when I was buying my house and never opted back in. I haven't really needed another card until now, and the only reason I'm looking now is to transfer the Chase balance so I can pay it off faster and quit throwing away $100/month. Since opting out, I don't receive any CC offers, so I'm really not sure what cards I'd actually qualify for or not. I guess that's why I'm scared to apply until I know I will be approved for at least the Chase balance (about 3K) and that I won't be turned down for having balances on other cards. Once the HD and BM are paid off, I will have 4 out of 6 cards paid off. I know that Discover and Citi don't like it when you carry balances so I've ruled them out, and since I'm transferring from a Chase card, of course Chase is now ruled out. Probably doesn't leave me much else lol...

Message 5 of 8
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I know Discover IT has 18 month 0% balance transfers.  

Message 6 of 8
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

I know Discover IT has 18 month 0% balance transfers.  

I know! I'm holding myself back from picking up the phone right this minute and calling. Do you think they'd decline me due to the balances I have (listed above in OP)? Are my scores within what they look for (EQ-673, TU-698)? I've had about 5 inq's this year (3 at the same time when I bought a car back in Feb and 2 others).

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BML doesn't report on credit for starters.
2. If you need a BT for $3k or more apply for Barlcay and do it now during hours and call instantly to back door, with 698 you should have no issue with them.
Discover probably would be go too.
Take 2 Inq and see what that gets you.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.