cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer 2021 Amex Shop Small $5 credits ($10+ in spend)

tag
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Summer 2021 Amex Shop Small $5 credits ($10+ in spend)

@calyx wrote:

Thanks for the head's up!  It was great last year, because my hospital is considered "small" and I got CB on all of my copays Smiley LOL

And I also found out that the (state run) liquor store also qualifies for whatever reason (that one gave me a solid giggle)

Shop small but drink big! Smiley LOL

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 21 of 32
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I got it on my personal Platinum.

Message 22 of 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Checked mine and my wife's accounts earlier today and it seems YMMV on what cards get the offer. Unless they're slowly rolling it out to all cardholders thoughout the day/week

Message 23 of 32
okurosetta
Regular Contributor

Shop Small offer on WF Propel - Spend $10 get $5 back up to 2X (total $10)

I saw the following offer on my WF Propel: "Let's Go Shop Small® - Spend $10+, get $5 back up to 2X (total of $10) after you Shop Small"

https://i.imgur.com/iVpVu5A.png

I have not seen any Shop Small offers on my AmEx-issued cards (yet), but given that last year's offer was the same on Propel and AmEx-issued cards (total of $50), I'm wondering if this is all we'll see for 2021.

Future P2
Chopping Block Chopped
Message 24 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Shop Small offer on WF Propel - Spend $10 get $5 back up to 2X (total $10)

So far the only card I have this offer on is my Propel.  I've activated it and made a purchase on Fluzpay, which worked last year.

I should know in a few days if that still triggers the offer. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 32
cws-21
Established Contributor

I also got the offer on my Propel, but not BCP. I wonder if it's because I haven't been using the BCP much lately. My wife and I each used the Propel for a Shop Small lunch so we'll also see if we get the credit in the near future.

Message 26 of 32
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@cws-21 wrote:

I also got the offer on my Propel, but not BCP. I wonder if it's because I haven't been using the BCP much lately. My wife and I each used the Propel for a Shop Small lunch so we'll also see if we get the credit in the near future.

Based on the responses in the thread so far, where it appears everyone HAS gotten the offer on their Wells Fargo Propel American Express and most but not all people have NOT gotten it on their core American Express cards* (i.e. the cards directly issued by Amex), I'm wondering if the lack of Shop Small credits on many core Amex cards has to do with people having already activated similar offers, such as the Amex issued co-brand card (Delta, Hilton, Marriott) dining credits that were announced back in February and are available on those cards on a monthly basis through the end of 2021.  (The dining credits were not available on the WF Propel.)  That offer in and of itself wouldn't explain why it appears some Amex-issued, non co-brand cards (i.e. Platinum, Gold, Green, BCP, BCE) didn't receive the Shop Small offer however.

Obviously what appears to be a more limited rollout of Shop Small program in the U.S. this summer would be/is disappointing, especially considering it appears a broader Shop Small rollout has occurred in other countries, including Canada.  But getting a couple $5 credits on the WF Propel on only $10 in spend at many retailers is still a very good deal; you don't see other card issuers or card networks with deals that good or easy to attain.  We were just spoiled by the 2020 Amex Shop Small Program.

*I have been putting at least small amounts of regular spend on my Amex Hilton Honors card every month for the last few months, so I don't think the lack of Shop Small offers on that card has to do with lack of card use.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 27 of 32
cws-21
Established Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@cws-21 wrote:

But getting a couple $5 credits on the WF Propel on only $10 in spend at many retailers is still a very good deal; you don't see other card issuers or card networks with deals that good or easy to attain.  We were just spoiled by the 2020 Amex Shop Small Program.

*I have been putting at least small amounts of regular spend on my Amex Hilton Honors card every month for the last few months, so I don't think the lack of Shop Small offers on that card has to do with lack of card use.

@FormerCollegeDJ, I agree that we should be thankful for any sort of offer in using the Propel and also that we were spoiled by the 2020 Amex Shop Small program (one of the few ways in which 2020 spoiled anyone!). The fact that you regularly have used your AMEX Hilton Honors card throws my guess that lack of use for my BCP affected the likelihood of being eligible out the window.

Message 28 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

So far the only card I have this offer on is my Propel.  I've activated it and made a purchase on Fluzpay, which worked last year.

Following up on this, Fluz is still triggering the Shop Small offers. Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 32
cws-21
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Following up on this, Fluz is still triggering the Shop Small offers. Smiley Very Happy

Me too. I just got a "You've earned credit from My Wells Fargo Deals" for using my Propel at a local Shop Small merchant. Still nothing for my BCP.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.