Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SunTrust Secured can Graduate in 3 months per Banker

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SunTrust Secured can Graduate in 3 months per Banker

So I visited a branch today with my mother. She had applied and was approved the Cash Rewards card. I was having small talk with the banker and apparently they also offer this product in the form of a secured card. Obviously not all the perks but it does have a rewards system in place which is a unique DP for a secured offering. There is an annual fee of I believe $32 and a $300 deposit. 

But the kicker that surprised me the most. She said they evaluate clients for graduation quarterly. She said she's seen many people get graduated at the 3 month mark for $2-3k increases and deposits refunded. Just an FYI for anyone looking for a secured card. Not on Discovers level but another offering none the less. Just thought I would share. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: SunTrust Secured can Graduate in 3 months per Banker

I was with Sun Trust and advised them I was filing for BK. They were just my bank for checking/savings. Nothing else. I had no CC's for yrs. I asked about getting a card and they told me it would take a year after DC. Went across the street and moved my banking to Chase with the $300 bonus. Then I learned about FICO and scores. Also Chase wont do squat with a BK showing. Almost 2 yrs later went back to Sun Trust and said its been a while and i want to come back and open my accounts again and apply for the Cash Rewards card. Same CSR as when I left. Went thru the motions. Your approved for 5800 and got a 1200 auto CLI in 12 months to 7000. Went back to Chase. Closed all accounts and moved back to SunTrust. Its a good bank. Never had any problems for yrs.

Congrats and good luck on your credit journey! 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing. No way do I need another HP but any DP's from your approval? 

Message 3 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing. No way do I need another HP but any DP's from your approval? 

I think I was 2.4 yrs post DC. Approved with EQ FICO Bankcard 714. It was my 6th card after BK. Always 1% util. 1 30 day late then was 4.6 yrs?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.