cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SunTrust Secured can Graduate in 3 months per Banker

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

SunTrust Secured can Graduate in 3 months per Banker

So I visited a branch today with my mother. She had applied and was approved the Cash Rewards card. I was having small talk with the banker and apparently they also offer this product in the form of a secured card. Obviously not all the perks but it does have a rewards system in place which is a unique DP for a secured offering. There is an annual fee of I believe $32 and a $300 deposit. 

But the kicker that surprised me the most. She said they evaluate clients for graduation quarterly. She said she's seen many people get graduated at the 3 month mark for $2-3k increases and deposits refunded. Just an FYI for anyone looking for a secured card. Not on Discovers level but another offering none the less. Just thought I would share. 

Started 6/6/2018 EX - 588 ; EQ - 667 ; TU 575

Updated 12/2018

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Senior Contributor

Re: SunTrust Secured can Graduate in 3 months per Banker

I was with Sun Trust and advised them I was filing for BK. They were just my bank for checking/savings. Nothing else. I had no CC's for yrs. I asked about getting a card and they told me it would take a year after DC. Went across the street and moved my banking to Chase with the $300 bonus. Then I learned about FICO and scores. Also Chase wont do squat with a BK showing. Almost 2 yrs later went back to Sun Trust and said its been a while and i want to come back and open my accounts again and apply for the Cash Rewards card. Same CSR as when I left. Went thru the motions. Your approved for 5800 and got a 1200 auto CLI in 12 months to 7000. Went back to Chase. Closed all accounts and moved back to SunTrust. Its a good bank. Never had any problems for yrs.

Congrats and good luck on your credit journey! 

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 5
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing. No way do I need another HP but any DP's from your approval? 

Started 6/6/2018 EX - 588 ; EQ - 667 ; TU 575

Updated 12/2018

Message 3 of 5
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 4 of 5
Senior Contributor

@BrandonLane wrote:

Thanks for sharing. No way do I need another HP but any DP's from your approval? 

I think I was 2.4 yrs post DC. Approved with EQ FICO Bankcard 714. It was my 6th card after BK. Always 1% util. 1 30 day late then was 4.6 yrs?

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.