Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suprising AMEX Approval

tag
heatherbee
Valued Member

Suprising AMEX Approval

I received a preapproved offer in the mail for the Zync card, and figured I'd go ahead and apply for shiggles. Instant approval! I have some major lates from over 2 years ago (not that long ago, I thought) and a small paid collection (5 years old) on 2 of my reports.  I'm really glad to be in!  I know a lot of you hate AMEX, and especially the Zync card, but I couldn't be more thrilled!  Now I just have to see what's better, my new Zync card or my 2 Navy Fed cards!  For anyone interested, I had 3 inquiries this year, they pulled Experian (currently deployed, but used NC address) EX FAKO of 657, with FICOs EQ 664 and TU 706.  Goodbye Orchard!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suprising AMEX Approval

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 12
heatherbee
Valued Member

Thank you! 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I'm getting rid of Orchard too, and couldn't be happier.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heatherbee wrote:

I received a preapproved offer in the mail for the Zync card, and figured I'd go ahead and apply for shiggles. Instant approval! I have some major lates from over 2 years ago (not that long ago, I thought) and a small paid collection (5 years old) on 2 of my reports.  I'm really glad to be in!  I know a lot of you hate AMEX, and especially the Zync card, but I couldn't be more thrilled!  Now I just have to see what's better, my new Zync card or my 2 Navy Fed cards!  For anyone interested, I had 3 inquiries this year, they pulled Experian (currently deployed, but used NC address) EX FAKO of 657, with FICOs EQ 664 and TU 706.  Goodbye Orchard!

Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

There's nothing wrong with the Zync card.  Its got a low AF and has the benefits that all Amex cards carry.  The only negative is that it uses Membership Rewards Express instead of the regular Membership Rewards.   If you're not a heavy spender this won't make a difference.  

You can always product change later after developing a good history with Amex if you feel that you'd be better off with a standard Membership Rewards card.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the difference between Membership Rewards and Membership Rewards Express?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!  Hey, to paraphrase Tom Cruise, AMEX.........there is NO substitute Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats with Amex!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.