Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Barclaycard CLI

tag
esme
Regular Contributor

Surprise Barclaycard CLI

Logged into my Barclaycard (Juniper) account just now and was surprised to see that they've increased my CL to $1000. I've been trying for months to get them to recon and approve one (my original CL was $500 and hadn't changed at all since I opened it in 2007), and kept getting denied despite not having made any late payments in the past 2 years. I'm not sure if my threat to close the card on Monday had anything to do with it, but I'll take it. I called Monday to ask them when they reported my balance to the bureaus, they said they would report the next day which was yesterday, so I said I would wait until today to close my account. I asked for a CL of $2000, but I suppose $1000 is enough for me to keep the account alive. I'm just really surprised because I am so not used to good surprises like this! Credit rebuilding is so rewarding!

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

Re: Surprise Barclaycard CLI

Congrats! And here's to hoping for more soon!
Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 2 of 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

nice one! good job.

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@esme wrote:

Logged into my Barclaycard (Juniper) account just now and was surprised to see that they've increased my CL to $1000. I've been trying for months to get them to recon and approve one (my original CL was $500 and hadn't changed at all since I opened it in 2007), and kept getting denied despite not having made any late payments in the past 2 years. I'm not sure if my threat to close the card on Monday had anything to do with it, but I'll take it. I called Monday to ask them when they reported my balance to the bureaus, they said they would report the next day which was yesterday, so I said I would wait until today to close my account. I asked for a CL of $2000, but I suppose $1000 is enough for me to keep the account alive. I'm just really surprised because I am so not used to good surprises like this! Credit rebuilding is so rewarding!

Congrats!!!

I takes some steel ones to go bold on Barclay's!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.