Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Mid-Cycle Discover Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise Mid-Cycle Discover Report

I'm sure this isn't news to those of you with experience in credit, but for newbies like myself this could be useful information. I received an alert to credit changes yesterday. I was caught with my pants down when Discover did a mid-cylce report! My util was high as I hadn't paid it yet, knowing my statement closes on the 19th. My scores fell several points. When I called to find out what the frickety-frack was going on, the rep informed me that any changes to my account would trigger a report, including adding an authorized user (which was what happened in my case.) I did a bank push for PIF and the rep assured me Discover would still do my post-statement report on the 20th and that would reflect the $0 balance bringing my utilization back down. 

While on the phone with her, I went ahead and added money to my secured deposit. She informed me it would take 8 days to pull from my bank and post to the account, triggering another report because this was an additional change to the account. 

I hope this helps someone. Had I known this would happen, I would've paid my account in full, added the additional funds, waited for them to post, then added my adult daughter as an AU. I have so much to learn, but I'm getting there. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Snipper117
Contributor

Re: Surprise Mid-Cycle Discover Report

Had same experience last week with discover.  I added a authorized user and it reported also my current balance at the time in the middle of the cycle.  

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 2 of 9
601flyguy
Established Contributor

They will also off cycle report upon request just fyi.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for this information!  Planning on adding an AU to my card and glad I didn't when I first thought of it with the card maxed out.  lol

Message 4 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

This was very helpful information. Thank you for sharing!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601flyguy wrote:
They will also off cycle report upon request just fyi.

This is good information to know, thank you!

Message 6 of 9
moonkey1234
Established Member

The same thing happened to me after a CLI.
FICO 8: EX 621 - 18 inquiries - 02/28/23
FICO 8: TU 533 - 8 inquiries - 02/24/23
FICO 8: EQ 605 - 3 inquiries - 02/24/23
BK7 Discharge - 1/31/23

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this information! This helped me out! 

Message 8 of 9
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

While on the phone with her, I went ahead and added money to my secured deposit. She informed me it would take 8 days to pull from my bank and post to the account, triggering another report because this was an additional change to the account. 

Is it a hard pull when you do this? 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.