Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swipes leading to auto CLI?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Swipes leading to auto CLI?

I wouldn't dismiss CU CLs as not being factored with prime lenders as a set in stone rule. As an example, during the last Chase UW review, they definitely saw my high CLs with other lenders and CUs and were taken into consideration. I definitely was asked about UNFCU (at the time it was $70K).

The UW explained (since I asked) that the judgemental review, evaluating the internal system decision, did take that into consideration. Meaning, it didn't ignore them.
Message 31 of 33
RadioRob
Established Contributor

This thread was somewhat interesting/timely for me. Upon logging in to check my account today, I noticed at the top of the page where it shows alerts, that it had a pre-approval for a Chase Freedom. (The section normally shows the most recent transactions as I have notifications sent to my cell phone of transactions greater than 0.75.)

I go check the Your Offer section, and sure enough I have pre-approval offers for Slate, Freedom, and Freedom Unlimited. Since I'm over 5/24, and I wanted a FU this was perfect for me.

Applying was SUPER duper easy. It simply asked for my income and any names for AUs. I was approved for 10K.

I logged out, and logged back in. The new account immediately showed in the portal. What was even more interesting was that my CSP showed a CLI. My original limit as you might remember was 10K. It is now $16,800.

Again, I did not catch if the CLI was done before or after the approval for the FU, but I know for a fact that the pre-approval and the CLI was not reflecting yesterday when viewing the account.

The account was opened 9/5/17, and as I noted above... this account gets lots of love. As a general account strategy, I've let the statement balance report generate with a balance and paid it in full that day. Since Chase updates upon $0 balance, I only saw it report a balance for 24 hours once before it returned back.

Message 32 of 33
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@RadioRob wrote:

This thread was somewhat interesting/timely for me. Upon logging in to check my account today, I noticed at the top of the page where it shows alerts, that it had a pre-approval for a Chase Freedom. (The section normally shows the most recent transactions as I have notifications sent to my cell phone of transactions greater than 0.75.)

I go check the Your Offer section, and sure enough I have pre-approval offers for Slate, Freedom, and Freedom Unlimited. Since I'm over 5/24, and I wanted a FU this was perfect for me.

Applying was SUPER duper easy. It simply asked for my income and any names for AUs. I was approved for 10K.

I logged out, and logged back in. The new account immediately showed in the portal. What was even more interesting was that my CSP showed a CLI. My original limit as you might remember was 10K. It is now $16,800.

Again, I did not catch if the CLI was done before or after the approval for the FU, but I know for a fact that the pre-approval and the CLI was not reflecting yesterday when viewing the account.

The account was opened 9/5/17, and as I noted above... this account gets lots of love. As a general account strategy, I've let the statement balance report generate with a balance and paid it in full that day. Since Chase updates upon $0 balance, I only saw it report a balance for 24 hours once before it returned back.

Congrats RadioBob!!!  An Auto-CLI on the CSP and a nice SL on the pre-approved FU!  Enjoy!! Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.