Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Everything to Alliant

tag
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Switching Everything to Alliant

I just applied for a savings account with Alliant last wednesday and they said that they couldn't accept me and that I would recieve a call from a representitive. Today I get an email saying that the reason I was declines was because they couldn't verify my identity. I though tthis was weird because they ask the same questions they do when you apply for credit cards and I've never had a problem with it before. Anyways, I had to fax in a copy of my DL, SS card, and proof of residency. 

A bit of a pain in the butt but the interest rate is a whole lot higher than the 0.01% I get from Chase. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what you guys I went ahead and applied for both checking and savings account for Alliant Credit Union. I immediately pulled a report on me and I did not find a pull from them at all. 

Usually when I do apply for credit, the inquiry shows up instantly. If it was a soft, I'm really happy now because I did not want to waste an inquiry. 

Apparently, I answered a question incorrectly, I don't think I did I never miss questions about myself LOL. I went ahead and faxed a copy of my driver's license, social security card, student i.d., vehicle registration, and phone bill for identity purposes. 

Hopefully, I will hear something soon. I’ll keeping you guys posted. If I get the welcome email, I will be switching everything to Alliant, saying good bye to my sorry checking accounts and moving most of my savings to my Alliant Savings. 

Wish me luck you guys, I have my fingers crossed 

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update you guys,

I got a soft pull tonight from:

Andera 11/26/2011

Still no hard Inquiry from Alliant. Will keep my fingers crossed and keep you posted

Message 23 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I got the, "We can not identify the identity prompt," do you think it is a good indication that I'll be approved for my Alliant Checking and Savings account?

I'm giving them a call tomorrow morning when I get off work, Just really nervous.
I've sent all my proof of identity so it can be there waiting for them Monday morning. 
Later on tonight, I will be sending my proof of income documents, just so they can have that info available. 
What do you think guys? 
Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Alliant report to all three CRAs? I've read several forms on this and wanted to know if someone would like to confirm that they do report to all three CRAs.
Message 25 of 47
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does Alliant report to all three CRAs? I've read several forms on this and wanted to know if someone would like to confirm that they do report to all three CRAs.

Reports to all 3.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You. I still have my fingers crossed!!!!!! Will keep everyone posted.Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: application is still in review....should have membership decision by the end of today....once a member, I will post my credit results....still nervous you guys wish me luck.
Message 28 of 47
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!  Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey you guys sorry for the long delay in posting my updated results. After dealing with Alliant's credit department I am starting to have mixed feelings about them. I did get approve for my checking and my savings account, however I was declined for everything else. They did not tell me what my score range was which I do plan on finding out whenever this so called Welcome Kit comes in the mail. 

All they kept saying was wait Six Months Alliant Likes to see 6 months history with them. I'm like history on what a checking and savings account?

Any who, for future Alliant Applicants; 

A) Be prepared to fail the Identity Verification Process; and have three forms of I.D. on call to fax to their department. 

B) "Each department has their own fax machine," so if you fax something to one area it won't get to the area it needs to go to. 

C) If you have additional income that cannot be verified with W2'S, it will not be counted as additional income for you.

D) I am going to call the reconsideration line tomorrow, and hopefully, at their mercery, I can be granted a small starter 500cL card.

I will keep you guys posted. At least i got the Checking and savings account......I guess Smiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.