Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Everything to Alliant

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Switching Everything to Alliant

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey you guys sorry for the long delay in posting my updated results. After dealing with Alliant's credit department I am starting to have mixed feelings about them. I did get approve for my checking and my savings account, however I was declined for everything else. They did not tell me what my score range was which I do plan on finding out whenever this so called Welcome Kit comes in the mail. 

All they kept saying was wait Six Months Alliant Likes to see 6 months history with them. I'm like history on what a checking and savings account?

Any who, for future Alliant Applicants; 

A) Be prepared to fail the Identity Verification Process; and have three forms of I.D. on call to fax to their department. 

B) "Each department has their own fax machine," so if you fax something to one area it won't get to the area it needs to go to. 

C) If you have additional income that cannot be verified with W2'S, it will not be counted as additional income for you.

D) I am going to call the reconsideration line tomorrow, and hopefully, at their mercery, I can be granted a small starter 500cL card.

I will keep you guys posted. At least i got the Checking and savings account......I guess Smiley Indifferent

Look at it this way, it'll give you a chance to give the iTunes card a workout.  Smiley Wink

I went through my own issues with Alliant just to get a checking account.  When I was finally able to get the checking account I switched my direct deposit to it so it was easy for them to see my income coming in...still 6 months later they only gave me a $500 card with the highest interest rate.  Have some patience and you'll be able to get the card.   

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right. I did call back tonight and i got my credit score......652 EQ FICO......my application is in reconsideration........I hope to have a positive answer tomorrow night. If not, I will still enjoy my membership with Alliant. I will just build it one block at a time. Smiley Wink

Thanks Visorboy1974 

Message 32 of 47
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Good luck on the card! I'm still waiting for my welcome packet after sending in all of the identity verification stuff but I was considering apping for their card in a few months. I was hoping that they would give out decent limits like most credit unions but from what I have been reading online, they can be pretty tough and frugal.
EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 33 of 47
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:
Good luck on the card! I'm still waiting for my welcome packet after sending in all of the identity verification stuff but I was considering apping for their card in a few months. I was hoping that they would give out decent limits like most credit unions but from what I have been reading online, they can be pretty tough and frugal.

IME they start you out with a low limit ($500 for me), but if you show use and pay on time, they'll reward you.  After 6 months, mine went to $15K.  

Message 34 of 47
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

IME they start you out with a low limit ($500 for me), but if you show use and pay on time, they'll reward you.  After 6 months, mine went to $15K.  

Wow that's a huge CLI! How much were you putting through the card every month if you don't mind my asking?

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 35 of 47
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

Wow that's a huge CLI! How much were you putting through the card every month if you don't mind my asking?

Maxed it out a couple times, but I think I was along the lines of about $2000 total for the entire 6 months.  

Message 36 of 47
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

Maxed it out a couple times, but I think I was along the lines of about $2000 total for the entire 6 months.  

Wow that's great. I might app for one in a while then. I'm not a big spender so I didn't know if you were putting like $10k everyonth or something crazy like that lol!

Message 37 of 47
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

Wow that's great. I might app for one in a while then. I'm not a big spender so I didn't know if you were putting like $10k everyonth or something crazy like that lol!

LOL, no.  I think my high balance on the card since the increase even was about $2K.  

Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted all the documents Alliant wanted, now I have to wait until I get off of work to hear any results. Hoping for the best you guys!!!!!

Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay you guys this might be my last update about Alliant: after all the documents were sent, all things considered..... the answer was no! I'm okay though I'm still gonna enjoy their rates. We'll see what type of relationship me and this bank will develop. Good luck everyone.
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.