Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Everything to Alliant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Switching Everything to Alliant

Okay first, I just wanted to tell everybody on this board, Happy Thanksgiving Smiley Very Happy

Second, I currently have a savings and checking account at the following banks:

USAA: Checking and Savings, no credit products.

I am a limited member here

WILL CLOSE WHEN I OPEN MY ALLIANT ACCOUNT 

Wells Fargo: Checking and Savings, one credit product.

WILL KEEP THE SAVINGS AND THE CREDIT CARD BUT CLOSE THE CHECKING ACCOUNT 

Georgia's Own Credit Union: Checking and Savings, one credit product.

WILL CLOSE THE CHECKING BUT KEEP THE CREDIT CARD AND THE SAVINGS ACCOUNT

THE ONLY REASON I HAVE TO KEEP THE SAVINGS ACCOUNT IS TO KEEP THE CREDIT PRODUCTS

I Really, Really Really want to join Alliant Credit Union. They have the highest APY on both their Checking and Savings and to be quite honest; I believe I can qualify for one of their credit card products which is what I really want. I have to wait six months to let my new Barclays account pass the probation period. 

Would anyone recommend Alliant Credit Union as their everyday bank?

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Switching Everything to Alliant

have u looked into penfed cu? i joined yesterday and got a 11k promise card and they refi'd my 19k boat loan from 10 yr 17.75% apr to a 6 yr 8% apr loan

Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked into penfed but I heard that they don't take too kind to baddies. I have two baddies that I'm working on. They are paid in full and over two years old but I know they won't approve me for any credit products. Also, its kinda why I joined Usaa but they only treat full members well, everyone else its like tough luck. So I'm not going to even waste my time with usaa, I like the fact that it was inquiry free to join, but need a bank that will grow with me one day.
Message 3 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using Alliant as my main bank since I joined 6 months ago. Really nice customer service when I have called as well. I would recommended them due to my experiences. 

Message 4 of 47
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Check out www.myconsumers.org - I opened an account with them this summer and they're paying 4.09% APY on checking right now and have great rates on loans and CC's as well.

Message 5 of 47
dalebb
Valued Contributor

ur right pen fed dont like baddies

Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know.....one day I will be baddie free....four years from now every baddie will fall off....until then I will keep sending gw letters until they finally say okay. How does Alliants website compare to others and how is their ach process? Thanks again for the quick replies
Message 7 of 47
castlefox
Regular Contributor

I have been using alliant for the last year and I am rather enjoying them a lot. I like that  that wait to to talk to someone isvery short.  They were rather nice on the phone on the couple times I needed to call them. 

I just started entering check infomation online and then mailing the check in the next day and that will save me a lot of time since I was driving out there every two weeks to deposit my checks. 

I thought Alliants website was much better than TCF's website.  They also offer a iphone/android app.  (I have used the android one and think it is a good start)

My first real CC was from Alliant.  They gave me a 1,000 CL at 10.3 APR and then bumped it up to a 2,000 CL after 6 months. 

I have recommended Alliant CU to all of my family members. 

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 8 of 47
castlefox
Regular Contributor

What kind of services are you looking for an "every day" bank/credit union ?

What do you mean by "every day" ?

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 9 of 47
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Alliant: $2K credit approval at 14ish% PenFed at same time: $10K @ 11%ish. Alliant would not give me a CLI without a had pull, and even then it was only to $4K. I'm not impressed with their credit products. Can't speak for checking/savings, as I don't save money while I am paying interest on debt.
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.