Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Everything to Alliant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Switching Everything to Alliant

Just your everyday banking needs: online bill pay, ach transfers, friendly customer service, nice online website, and the ability to grow....as far as credit products go. 

Message 11 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jausanka

if you don't mind me asking, what were your scores like? how about your uti, did you have any baddies? I have been trying to gauge my success percentage based off of the results from others on this website. 

Message 12 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I could be more help, but I don't really remember. It was a couple years ago. Scores probably similar to yours, AAoA would have been around 4 years.. maybe 40% util?
Message 13 of 47
Gabo
Valued Member

I didn't apply for Alliant Credit Union, I work for the airline and our Credit Union was taken over by Alliant

I applied for Visa card requesting 5K limit, 39K income a year, average credit report 2 year 8 months

received email requesting to call Alliant, upon talking to loan officer I was informed I was approved for 15K, however loan officer asked me if I still consider 5K request

so I said nope I sure take the 15K

Message 14 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised

Wow that's amazing....I feel like during my search I read that about somebody. I will take that into consideration. Thank you you have been very helpful. Any other Alliant Customers out there? All feedback is welcomed
Message 15 of 47
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

ashkev89, I love Alliant!

Close to three years ago, there was a huge interest in Alliant on these boards, with numerous threads covering everything from interest rates to customer service to credit products.  At that time, when you applied for either a savings account or a checking account, Alliant would give you the option of also app'ing for a credit product, using the same hard pull. 

I'm certain that Alliant was inundated with new applications from members of the myfico community.  I was one of them, but I app'ed not so much for the credit products as for the interest rates on savings/checking.  Those rates have dropped considerably since then, but are still way above anything you can find in the open market.

Their ach process is the best I've found.  If you initiate a transfer before noon Central time, it's a done deal by the next business day...it's that fast, and it's another reason to bank there.

The very few instances when I've called Alliant (and those were within the first week or two of opening the accounts), I received great customer service.  No waiting, live person, polite and in-depth responses to any questions I had, and more.  If the rep on the phone didn't know the answer to my specific question, that rep told me so, and then went the extra mile to find that answer, including a prompt callback.

I recommend Alliant highly.

Wishing you success with everything!  Smiley Happy

Uborrow-Upay

Message 16 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uborrow-Upay

Thank You for your response. Can't wait to join Alliant, I spoke to them on one occasion, and I had an excellent experience talking with the represenative. I am truly loving this feedback. It is helping me to make a decision which is hard sometimes, but I must go where I know I can be treated with awesomeness.

Catchy username by the way!!!! Smiley Tongue

All Alliant feedback is highly welcomed here!!!!

Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay you guys, I think i'm going to take the plunge and apply for my checking and savings account with Alliant. I'm so ready to take the plunge. It's an inquiry to join on equifax, but I'm sure as long as I don't Apply for any credit products, Barclays should not have a heart attack. 

What do you guys think? I've thought about this long enough. Tell me what would you do?

Message 18 of 47
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Im a member of Alliant..but still can not get one of there credit cards..Too many request for credit..but was able to get one from cccu with no problem..did not even ask for income ver.

Message 19 of 47
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I meant my ccu.org

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.