Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync (Amazon Store Card) CL methods

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Sync (Amazon Store Card) CL methods

I got an Amazon Store Card with a $1,500 limit in May. I was pleasantly surprised, as my credit was pretty weak at the time. (Still is, really.)

In June, I called Credit Solutions (India) and asked for a bump up to $3k. They declined.

A few days ago, I noticed on the Web site that I could request a CL increase. I tried $3k, thinking it would be rejected, but it was instantly approved.

Probably should have asked for more by phone and negotiated down to whatever the maximum would be. Now I'm wondering, how long do I need to wait to try again? What is the optimal strategy for increasing a Sync CL (in my case, Amazon Store Card, if there's specific info for that)? I am a frequent Amazon shopper, so the card gets steady use with near-immediate payments to zero balance. Thanks!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Sync (Amazon Store Card) CL methods

From what I’ve read, you can get a CLI after the first three months, so it sounds like that’s what you got. People also recommend to shoot for the moon and they will counter if it’s too high. $10k is the max limit they’ll give online - higher amounts require a phone call.

Message 2 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

In my experience,  it's been an every  4 month cycle they may grant increases. But as other poster pointed out after 10K, requests iare only through phone.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 12
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I was pretty sure this wouldn't work, but I just tried requesting a CLI to $4k and got an insta-denial that said I'd get a letter saying what reasons from my credit report they based the denial on. Though I think they may likely have based it on me just getting a CLI within the past week. No surprise, just thought I'd try. Thanks for the advice. I will try again around New Year's.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try monthly. While most of us are on 3-4 month schedules, some get them much more frequently and since it’s a SP, there’s no harm in trying. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very likely that is the case. Next time if you get an instant approval, try again immediately with a higher number. I started at $300 on Lowe’s, and got three back-to-back increases, trying bigger numbers each time (the third time I tried $10k and was countered at $6k).
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

When you call, ask for high amount, ie 15k , they will counter if you are eligble. You cannot negotiate an amount . You get what they giveSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Very likely that is the case. Next time if you get an instant approval, try again immediately with a higher number. I started at $300 on Lowe’s, and got three back-to-back increases, trying bigger numbers each time (the third time I tried $10k and was countered at $6k).

This is a lot more miss than hit. I screwed up my CLIs on Amazon twice by shooting low, not realizing that my prior denial was actually because I asked too soon. I immediately tried asking for more both times and was denied and the letter said too many credit limit increase requests both times. I’m going straight for $10K on the 18th although I doubt I’ll get that much (who knows though with the $10K CareCredit approval what Sync will give me going forward). 

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Imo, Amazon credit is way different th as n Care Credit or Lowes. Those two seem to have looser UW than Amazon going off my own experience and what weve seen here on myFico.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Imo, Amazon credit is way different th as n Care Credit or Lowes. Those two seem to have looser UW than Amazon going off my own experience and what weve seen here on myFico.

Yeah but despite me getting my dates mixed up and aiming too low, I've still managed to go from $1800 to $3000 since getting the card approved 12/30. First CLI I asked for was to $2200 and I received it, second was $3000 and I received it. Since I got approved $8K for PayPal and $5K for B&H, I imagine there's at least another $2K waiting for me. I don't know if my current utilization will factor in though. Its still less than 5% aggregate and less than 30% on any single card but worst case scenario they say no now and I ask in December when I am down from $4K to nothing revolving.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.