Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync PPMC to use Vantage 4.0 for CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync PPMC to use Vantage 4.0 for CLI's

Screenshot 2019-09-21 at 10.54.54 PM.png

Well, this kinda sucks if this rep is right. I encourage others to call to investigate.

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sync PPMC to use Vantage 4.0 for CLI's

Yeah, that's going to suck. 👎👎

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 46
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

I can confirm. Sync used Vantage 4 for CLI on 9/10 for Amazon, Ebates/Rakuten, PayPal MC, and Lowe’s. The score on my letters all matched the Vantage.

I’m unimpressed since my Vantage is 50-70 points lower than my Fico.
Message 3 of 46
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

I requested a CLI last week and I got some bs answer of "not enough time to establish current credit score". What?

Message 4 of 46
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Well this makes me want to get the PayPal MC even more as my vantage scores are like 50 points higher than my FICOs. Everyone on here just says their customer service is not good so I hope I'd never have to use it Man Sad

AU

Message 5 of 46
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, this kinda sucks if this rep is right. I encourage others to call to investigate.

What is the free F*** that changed over to 4.0 ??

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 46
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the free F*** that changed over to 4.0 ??

They used to offer TU FICO 8 before the change. 

Message 7 of 46
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Whether it sucks or not that’s another story, but if this is the case, at least they’re staying consistent with the scoring model used to approve requests.
Message 8 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@imaximous wrote:
Whether it sucks or not that’s another story, but if this is the case, at least they’re staying consistent with the scoring model used to approve requests.

And also, for those worried/glad that their Vantage 4 score differs greatly from a FICO one, presumably the bank knows the range of their customers scores, so it's possible that they treat a V4 score X in the same way they would, in the past, have treated a FICO of X+40 (totally made up).   Or not.

And for Sync at least, this means a FICO score is a FAKO!

Message 9 of 46
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

And also, for those worried/glad that their Vantage 4 score differs greatly from a FICO one, presumably the bank knows the range of their customers scores, so it's possible that they treat a V4 score X in the same way they would, in the past, have treated a FICO of X+40 (totally made up).   Or not.

And for Sync at least, this means a FICO score is a FAKO!

I’d also be curious to know if their approval criteria changed with this new scoring model. SYNCB probably just decided that certain aspects of one’s credit profile are more or less important and switched to a model that lines up better with that criteria. 

I didn’t opt in to get the new score when they switched from FICO thinking that they were trying to be “cheap” and offer an “educational” score only. The same thing other lenders like Cap One or Chase do by giving you Creditwise or Credit Journey, but don’t rely on either to make credit decisions. After seeing this thread, I got curious and noticed that my Vantage 4 is 799, which is WAY higher than my Vantage 3 at 718. My FICO 8 is 758 and FICO 9 is 777. 😂 Talk about being all over the place. 

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.