Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync PayPal Cashback push payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync PayPal Cashback push payment?

Does anyone have this set up? I just checked and my bank’s bill pay has PayPal Credit and PayPal Extras - I noticed that my inquiry from Sync and new accounts on my credit report actually refer to the Extras product so I’m curious if the payment goes to the same place or should I set up a manual payment (check in mail) to be on the safe side?

I mean it asks for the credit card number so I would imagine the payment should get where it’s supposed to go being that they’re both Sync cards but I would like to find out for sure. 

I would rather not have to rely on Sync for pull payments, I have read too many times that people couldn’t get access to pay their bills and I won’t risk that. If it has to be check in mail then that’s how it has to be (and since it will be my every day purchase card it’s going to be my non-zero anyway). 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Sync PayPal Cashback push payment?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have this set up? I just checked and my bank’s bill pay has PayPal Credit and PayPal Extras - I noticed that my inquiry from Sync and new accounts on my credit report actually refer to the Extras product so I’m curious if the payment goes to the same place or should I set up a manual payment (check in mail) to be on the safe side?

I mean it asks for the credit card number so I would imagine the payment should get where it’s supposed to go being that they’re both Sync cards but I would like to find out for sure. 

I would rather not have to rely on Sync for pull payments, I have read too many times that people couldn’t get access to pay their bills and I won’t risk that. If it has to be check in mail then that’s how it has to be (and since it will be my every day purchase card it’s going to be my non-zero anyway). 

I haven't tried but you can be the guinea pig!   Try just pushing say $1 well before the due date and see if it gets there.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't tried but you can be the guinea pig!   Try just pushing say $1 well before the due date and see if it gets there.

I have thought about trying push payments to all my cards with $1 but figured that would look bad so I’m making small charges and then pushing payments. 

So far I have done Cap1 and Sync Amazon and both were processed and posted in 2 days. 

If I have to do pull for my PayPal card I guess it doesn’t matter. I’m just trying to make things easier and being able to pay all my bills from one place is certainly convenient. 

Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I have four Synchrony accounts and I use my bank's billpay to pay them all... it's always worked exactly as advertised.

I feel confident that payments for the Paypal 2% cashback card will be processed the same as the Paypal Extras MC.  That said, a one-time small payment to 'test' your billpay settings won't look bad... Synchrony's computer will see it the same as any other payment. 

As it's said, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."  Once you test it out yourself you won't have to worry about it any longer. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I always pay my Sync cards on their sites and never had a problem. Push or pull just take my moneySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
MidnightKnight
New Contributor

I've used a number of different banks bill pays that say "Paypal Extras Mastercard" or "Synchrony Bank Credit Card" and they all apply fine when sending it to my Paypal 2% account number. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightKnight wrote:

I've used a number of different banks bill pays that say "Paypal Extras Mastercard" or "Synchrony Bank Credit Card" and they all apply fine when sending it to my Paypal 2% account number. 

Thank you, I was thinking this would be the case but wanted confirmation from someone who has done it. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.