Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync closed all my husbands accounts

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sync closed all my husbands accounts

@Yasselife wrote:

This can happen due to a combination of factors, mainly revolving debt. @Creditaddict 

We don't have any

Message 11 of 31
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

You and your husband should be happy.. someone once told me "whenever synchrony closes all of a person's accounts an angel gets his wings"

:-)

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 12 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Yasselife wrote:

This can happen due to a combination of factors, mainly revolving debt. @Creditaddict 

We don't have any

The back story behind these closures has been hashed out here before (TL;DR its tied to the Fed's interest in the amount of Synchrony's loss reserves).  This isn't a function of DH's debt or a response to a dramatic shift in his creditworthiness, it's tied to the amount of Synchrony credit extended vs the degree of his Synchrony credit usage.   

If they had better integration of their internal systems they could likely avoid creating a lot of these situations by at a mininum factoring in ones current limits and historical usage patterns with the applicant's Synchrony cards as part of the card/CLI approval process.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 31
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that. If they ever do this to me they lost my business for life. But I guess I got them now with my Lowes card, sigh. I hate hearing about stuff like this. If you think exposure is too great reduce limits but to close everything is just ridiculous.

Message 14 of 31
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UGH...I hate to here this!! Im sorry..
Message 15 of 31
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Hate to say it but @Creditaddict but sounds like oh no, here we go again... Pretty sure your under the mindset of, the Cathay and Lowes are annoyances, but if you are a heavy amazon user, that 5% *and* financing offers can be insulting... Maybe one or both of you might need to consider a Chase AZ Visa, and/or i think they still have the Amex Biz Amazon card.. Theres some advantages of being abe to play in two player mode...

-J

Message 16 of 31
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Started receiving alerts of "account closed"

logged into Experian to see:

cathay Pacific

amazon

lowes

Recently he received pre approval for a sync cash back MC which was approved... 

sounds like a commenity play.

past month Lowes was increased to $30k not used.

amazon we use and pay in full, it's been $10k for what feels like nearly a year without looking.

cathay was inactive

so it had to be the new MC which is just annoying.

Which card was the new app?
And these are all Synch cards being closed, not Comenity / Bread, correct?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 17 of 31
Antredd
Valued Member

I have 4 Synchrony accounts (always pay them in full when I used them), my favorite is the Sam's Club MasterCard. If they shoot themselves in the foot and close all of my accounts, I won't open another account with them or any company associated with them. When they start to see credit educated people like us won't open another card that they are affiliated with, maybe they will get the message. I will spread the word about Synchrony.

Message 18 of 31
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Sorry and it sucks for sure. I agree with what @coldfusion said about the possible reason. I alos have to wonder if carrying a little balance of maybe $500-$900 a month for a couple months and paying Sync a little interest before PIF would help them not close accts. I mean like paying taxes to the Sync Gods Smiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

Message 19 of 31
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

I am sorry this happened Creditaddict, really sorry!

Also I am sooo 😫 😪 of Synchrony doing this. 

Over the past 7 months I have been internally struggling against attempt to apply for one of there Home Improvement, Sam's Club or another of their CC offierings yet we continue to come across a post similar to this one which for me is a huge deterrent.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.