Did you mean: 

Sync closed all my husbands accounts

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Sync closed all my husbands accounts

Tough break.

I have one Sync account, PayPal Credit, that they purchased after I already had opened it. I have never applied for anything from Sync.

Sync and Barclays are both on my "avoid" list because of negative experiences I have seen on this forum.

Message 21 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Antredd wrote:

I have 4 Synchrony accounts (always pay them in full when I used them), my favorite is the Sam's Club MasterCard. If they shoot themselves in the foot and close all of my accounts, I won't open another account with them or any company associated with them. When they start to see credit educated people like us won't open another card that they are affiliated with, maybe they will get the message. I will spread the word about Synchrony.

This is assuming "credit educated people" are at all desirable to issuers.   A lot of people here like to grow very large CLs of which only a small fraction is used.   That is not attractive to issuers, not because we are too smart for them to make money off us (though that is true if you always PIF), but because it is wasteful, they could allocate parts of the limits to others who would generate more swipe fees.

And yes: Sync could CLD instead of closing but a) people would still complain at least nearly as much and b) probably not worth the effort, easier just to close.

And spreading the word about Synchrony will only be meaningful if you have a huge trusting audience that isn't also receiving conflicting messages (pro Sync and/or anti every other issuer too).

Message 22 of 31
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Started receiving alerts of "account closed"

logged into Experian to see:

cathay Pacific

amazon

lowes

Recently he received pre approval for a sync cash back MC which was approved... 

sounds like a commenity play.

past month Lowes was increased to $30k not used.

amazon we use and pay in full, it's been $10k for what feels like nearly a year without looking.

cathay was inactive

so it had to be the new MC which is just annoying.

Sorry to hear this Smiley Mad..you and DH are in good company. The good news, it's one less worry and you have better options!

If you have a business, including sole prop, consider AmEx Amazon and Lowe's cards. IMHO they are both far superior to Sync and credit lines of course go much, much higher.

FYI, what I noticed was that AmEx attached the card to the email I used on the app so Amazon card was linked to my Amazon business account while the Lowe's was linked to my Lowe's personal account. You have to call in when ordering Lowe's appliances to make sure you get the $30 off discount for removal, as well as all other Lowe's for Pros benefits. They are always accommodating. I was told you can also link multiple accounts to Lowe's for Pros but the process seemed lengthy and convoluted, not surprised as Sync manages the Lowe's for Pros program. I decided it was just easier to call in when needed.

As mentioned above there is also the Chase Amazon Visa but I highly recommend Affinity Federal CU Cash Back Visa Signature. They have an overall fantastic card that gets 5% year round on Amazon with a bonus 5% thru 4Q ($3500 max). There are other 5% bonus categories announced 1-3Q. BTW, the initial HP for the card can be used for multiple products, I grabbed the PLOC. And when ready for a CLI, it's a HP that can also be repurposed. I recently got a CLI for both card and ploc using the same HP.

There are of course many 2% card options if needed.

This was obviously untimely but all things considered, there are much better upgrades available.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 23 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

One can only go so far basng their experience off someone else's. Many want to bash Sync based off others experiences that were negative, not minding those who have had positive experiences,  yet either have had no Sync cards or used them in a rebuild and were happy being given " easy" approvals or cli , then conveniently dismissing them because of others negative experience.  Not a fan how Sync operates but in fairness some that have posted about the closing of their accounts are members with much time on myFico and thus were aware of risk they took on applying for a Sync card,, or multiple.. 

Message 24 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

One can only go so far basng their experience off someone else's. Many want to bash Sync based off others experiences that were negative, not minding those who have had positive experiences,  yet either have had no Sync cards or used them in a rebuild and were happy being given " easy" approvals or cli , then conveniently dismissing them because of others negative experience.  Not a fan how Sync operates but in fairness some that have posted about the closing of their accounts are members with much time on myFico and thus were aware of risk they took on applying for a Sync card,, or multiple.. 

I agree.

I wouldn't be concerned about my own accounts based on someone else's closures.

I've had my sync cards closed years ago and can get some now again and other I can't.

same with conenity... they closed all my accounts and I have some again.

if all my eggs were in the sync or comenity basket id be a little upset that they do it without warning and report it to the credit beurues before even sending out a letter to you.

that's dirty but otherwise not a big deal... he can probably get back the ones he is interested in in a matter of months.

just odd they took a comenity play by offering a Mastercard that isn't co branded and then closing everything 

Message 25 of 31
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

That sucks @Creditaddict.

I have to fight the urge to *Not* press the credit increase request option for DW's TJX MC.  She's at $8,600.  She also has $35,000 on her Lowes.  She uses the TJX like monthly.   As an AU, I use the Lowes quarterly.

We have an Amazon StoreCard (in my name only) which is used weekly.  It has been at $10,000 since 2016.  However, $10,000 basically the max IIRC for this. 

I think one of the Mods has a much higher limit though.  

From being on here, I know not to poke the metaphorical Sync 

Bear.

Message 26 of 31
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict 

I am so sorry Synchrony closed all your husband accounts.  I am glad I saw this bcuz I received a preapproved invitation offer to apply for the Synchrony premier world mc. I have $72,000 in Synchrony available credit with none with balance bcuz I pay the total balance after I charge.  Again I am sorry your husband accounts was closed. 

Message 27 of 31
Antredd
Valued Member

@kilroy8 wrote:

Tough break.

I have one Sync account, PayPal Credit, that they purchased after I already had opened it. I have never applied for anything from Sync.

Sync and Barclays are both on my "avoid" list because of negative experiences I have seen on this forum.

I must have burned Barclays when I filed my BK back in 2012, and what ever the store card was, they haven't forgiven me. Last month, I applied for their RCI Mastercard (a Barclays card), and I was denied with a 720 FICO score and very low utilization of 1%. AMEX and some of my other cards (after recently applying for them )that I burned have approved my cards before and after my BK aged off. 

Message 28 of 31
Janneman
Established Contributor

@Antredd wrote:

I have 4 Synchrony accounts (always pay them in full when I used them), my favorite is the Sam's Club MasterCard. If they shoot themselves in the foot and close all of my accounts, I won't open another account with them or any company associated with them. When they start to see credit educated people like us won't open another card that they are affiliated with, maybe they will get the message. I will spread the word about Synchrony.

I totally understand where u r coming from, but do u honestly think Sync care about u closing all accounts and not doing business with them ever?? If they care about business, they hv not closed a/cs left and right to also those hv thick profile. And do u know how many people are lined up with their jaws opened to get a glimpse of their cards even with any limit...mostly those on credit game...if not you, then millions of more people will get into their skin to get piece of sync cards...just my 2 cents...

Message 29 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I forgot we had even used this until I received the email for the statement... it's irritating that they reported closed to credit reports before even alerting me and allowing the payment but no biggie with small balances on everything.
The online chat said I could call and ask for reasons, We have the USPS tracking what's coming in the mail and I still see nothing coming from them and they closed them on the 9th according to chat.

This account has been closed. No further purchases will be allowed. Continue to make payments until your balance is paid in full.

Welcome, 

Image of sample Lowe's Advantage Credit Card

Lowe's Advantage Credit Card
Account ending in 4790

This combobox options will redirect to corresponding page
  I want to...  Make a payment                                                                                        View recent activity                                                            View a statement                                                                                                                       Manage text and email alerts                                                            Manage Autopay                                                                                                                               Add an authorized user                                                           More Options 

I want to...

ACTIVITY

$104.73 *

Current
Balance

VIEW ACTIVITY

$0.00 *

Available to Spend
$ 35000 Limit

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.