Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync mid cycle reported my $0!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync mid cycle reported my $0!

So I was a bit annoyed with Sync because they approved me for the Amazon Store Card on 12/30 and then reported my $11 balance I charged when I got the card around 1/10. Well I went to go look at my reports and they updated them to show I paid the $11 off. My card isn’t even due until 2/8 so this is a bit of a pleasant surprise! Has this happened to anyone else? I know I have been reading that Sync loves to report mid cycle balances but never reports mid cycle for PIF. 

4D2E066E-3638-4DA8-85C9-416B5C57ACCC.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Sync mid cycle reported my $0!

There was a post stating the same thing a couple of weeks ago. So I've heard of Synchrony reporting a mid-cycle zero balance exactly once before today. Smiley Happy It's good news unless it results in the "all cards at zero" FICO penalty.

More frequently, we hear of Synchrony reporting non-zero balances mid-cycle. If that balance is high, you could be in line for something between a ding and a tumble.

It's a general expectation that Synchrony will report soon after a card is opened. Barclays does that too.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

There was a post stating the same thing a couple of weeks ago. So I've heard of Synchrony reporting a mid-cycle zero balance exactly once before today. Smiley Happy It's good news unless it results in the "all cards at zero" FICO penalty.

More frequently, we hear of Synchrony reporting non-zero balances mid-cycle. If that balance is high, you could be in line for something between a ding and a tumble.

It's a general expectation that Synchrony will report soon after a card is opened. Barclays does that too.

Sync reported: when the card was opened within 48 hours. 

About 12 days later when I had gotten the card and charged up $11 just to throw something on it. 

And 2 days after I pushed the payment from my bank account (which apparently TU didn’t actually update on their end until today). 

Thats a lot of reporting since 12/30!

I wonder if it has to do with me opening the PayPal cashback MC last Saturday though, they just decided to refresh my Amazon account when they added the MC? The MC shows reported 5 days ago, Amazon shows updated 4 days ago. 

And yeah, I was armed with the knowledge of Sync reporting balances quickly when I got both cards so I wanted to make sure they only report a small charge (I charged $29.95 myFICO to my PayPal card). 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had them push a mid cycle report because my balance INCREASED.  I haven't had them do it for a decrease, let alone PIF.  When mine happened, I hadn't opened any new card or even gotten a CLI with them on any account associated with them.  I just charged a couple hundred bucks on my Amazon and they went and tattled on me.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all banks align their statement closing dates, due dates, and post to credit bureaus even remotely close together. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had them push a mid cycle report because my balance INCREASED.  I haven't had them do it for a decrease, let alone PIF.  When mine happened, I hadn't opened any new card or even gotten a CLI with them on any account associated with them.  I just charged a couple hundred bucks on my Amazon and they went and tattled on me.

Yeah I am totally prepared for them to do that mess to me so I’m hoping to get that card up to $5K in case I ever have a big purchase. I knew about them doing that before I even applied for the card though which is why my first charge was $11 for some batteries. I was just surprised they went ahead and reported it paid! Like you, I was under the impression that Sync never did that even if you requested them to do so. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not all banks align their statement closing dates, due dates, and post to credit bureaus even remotely close together. 

This actually ended up being 3 times they reported to the bureaus in less than 30 days, which is somewhat unusual for any creditor. I think that my going for the PayPal card must have had something to do with it. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.