Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch CL reduction request?

tag
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Synch CL reduction request?

Has anyone ever request a CL reduction through Synchrony Bank?

I am over $100k total exposure with them after the Paypal acquisition. I want to ask for a CLI on my Paypal before it reports. I had recently made some business equipment purchases at 0% apr for 24 months. I am currently at 92% utilization. If I have to I can pay it down but I really don't want to.

I have 2 Sam Club accounts.

Sam's PLCC @ $10,000 CL

Sam's MC @ $25,000 CL

I was thinking about requesting to cut the PLCC line down to $5k or cancelling it all together.

Has anyone done this? Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synch CL reduction request?

Yes, you can request a voluntary reduction of your CL if you feel you're on the overall $100K cusp or greater.

Just make sure to let them know that this is a temporary reduction and you do not want to opt-out from receiving auto-CLIs in the future.

If it were me, I'd cancel the Sam's store version altogether since it appears it's redundant to your existing Sam's MC. Free it up!

Also, if you cancel the card or do a CLD, make sure to give it a few weeks for things to cycle internally so that in the event you need the CLI on another CC, then it shouldn't pose an issue.
Message 2 of 3
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synch CL reduction request?

@FinStar wrote:
Yes, you can request a voluntary reduction of your CL if you feel you're on the overall $100K cusp or greater.

Just make sure to let them know that this is a temporary reduction and you do not want to opt-out from receiving auto-CLIs in the future.

If it were me, I'd cancel the Sam's store version altogether since it appears it's redundant to your existing Sam's MC. Free it up!

Also, if you cancel the card or do a CLD, make sure to give it a few weeks for things to cycle internally so that in the event you need the CLI on another CC, then it shouldn't pose an issue.

Thanks for the advice. I canceled the Sam's Club store version of the card. It only makes sense.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.