cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch and their off cycle reporting is killing me, UGH!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Synch and their off cycle reporting is killing me, UGH!

Like seriously...Synch, get it together. They use to not be like this a few years back.  I mean you'd hear of it occasionally, but now its like everytime I have a balance of any kind mid-cycle, they report it. I literally can have a balance of $4.00 on one day, and they report that, and then I make a payment 2 days later, and nothing. No update.

All this in the same cycle BEFORE the statement cuts.  Its so infuriating.  Maybe I need to start making my payments (have a negative balance), then a charge.  My love/hate relationship continues with them...Love my CL's...hate their mid-cycle reporting. Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Synch and their off cycle reporting is killing me, UGH!

@pizza1 wrote:

Like seriously...Synch, get it together. They use to not be like this a few years back.  I mean you'd hear of it occasionally, but now its like everytime I have a balance of any kind mid-cycle, they report it. I literally can have a balance of $4.00 on one day, and they report that, and then I make a payment 2 days later, and nothing. No update.

All this in the same cycle BEFORE the statement cuts.  Its so infuriating.  Maybe I need to start making my payments (have a negative balance), then a charge.  My love/hate relationship continues with them...Love my CL's...hate their mid-cycle reporting. Smiley Tongue

Similar but different problem with Sync for me.. pending charges sitting for days and I can't make a payment against them. I just had two pending charges sit for 5 days and post the exact same time as the statement posted. I couldn't make a payment to the account because there was "no current balance" and "no statement balance" to pay. FRUSTRATING

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 21
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Similar but different problem with Sync for me.. pending charges sitting for days and I can't make a payment against them. I just had two pending charges sit for 5 days and post the exact same time as the statement posted. I couldn't make a payment to the account because there was "no current balance" and "no statement balance" to pay. FRUSTRATING

Push a payment externally from your main checking account using the billpay feature in the exact amount of your pending charges. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 21
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Push a payment externally from your main checking account using the billpay feature in the exact amount of your pending charges. 

Where is the forehead slap imoji when I need one...

Thanks

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 4 of 21
GreatLife
Contributor

I have the same problem with PayPal credit account. Two phone calls and 3 chats later my payment in full from 2/8 still hasn't updated the $0 balance in CB reporting. My Sync MC $0 balance only took a few days to auto update the CB's. Both payments were made on the same day.

Message 5 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Same here @pizza1  I have a purchase I Want to make on my Amazon Prime Card. Balance has reported zero and I know the minute I make this $20 purchase they are going to report it. 

Sam's card did the same thing over a $57 purchase. Once it posted I paid it and I had to wait until the statement cut for them to report it. 

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 6 of 21
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Forgive me for any naivety but how does it affect anyone in a negative way if a small balance reports on a credit report?

Message 7 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@markhs777 wrote:

Forgive me for any naivety but how does it affect anyone in a negative way if a small balance reports on a credit report?

For scoring, it's preferable to have a majority of one's revolving accounts reporting zero balances.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 21
markhs777
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@markhs777 wrote:

For scoring, it's preferable to have a majority of one's revolving accounts reporting zero balances.

Absolutely but I would just wait until the next cycle with 0 balance if one believes that balance would actually trigger a bad result. If a single digit balance may result in a decline I believe there are other issues involved.

Message 9 of 21
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Where is the forehead slap imoji when I need one...

Thanks

🤦

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.