Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Hello everyone!
I recently received a mail offer for Synchrony 2% MasterCard with following terms:
0% apr for 1 year
19.49% apr after
3% foreign transaction fee
2% cashback on everything via monthly credit
$150 bonus, when spend $1500 in the first 3 months.

So I applied and received instant approval for SL $7,000. They pooled Experian and my fico was around 732.

A week later, I received the card. Also this card is NOT world MasterCard!!!
I installed Synchrony Bank Financial App through Apple store and tried to setup my new account. Error. Error. Error!

So I decided to call customer service number on the back of the card. I was notified that this Synchrony 2% MasterCard does NOT have an application. Are you serious? And that they will change $10 if I need to make a payment on the phone. Wow!!!??? Ok, they don’t even have a dedicated website for this card and you need to go to reviewmyaccount.com
I did not realize that Synchrony Bank is so behind on technology. I talked to one of the managers name Craig or Creig (he said that he also uses to manage the Toys-r-us card) and that nobody ever complained about not having the application. He said that we they will need more complaints before they will make one. Folks, please call the phone number on the back of your card and ask to talk to Creig !!! He will make formal complaint! So far this is my first credit card that I have to go to strange website to access my card. Not happy. Please help to make things better for everybody. Thank you
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Hi OP

I'm sorry you just found out about this. It's kinda well known fact. It annoys some, some are fine with it. Most people who need 2% cash back card find the annoyance to be tolerable if they dont have or dont want similar product from other lenders.

Just like everything else in life, this will become "normal" to you, as you get used to it.
Calling "Craig" wont accomplish much.
Maybe their partner PayPal does not want a separate app. Synch would have to abide by their wishes as they are in no position to lose another partner. This is their bread and butter at the moment.

Just enjoy your new card, log in "strange" website and be done with it till next month.
If down the road you decide this is way too much inconvenience for you, close it or SD.

Congrats on your approval.
Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for feedback. However from Craigs words that he didn’t even know that people want the mobile application. In my opinion more people call and complain about the problem that the Synchrony bank is too behind on technology and that they must do something about it to compete and keep their clients. Pick up a phone and call. Each complain counts!!! Like a vote)))
Message 3 of 54
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Those who want an app should definitely bring it up, but I wouldn't expect "Craig" or "Creig" to be a decision-maker who can do anything beyond passing the feedback along (or not).

Is this a PayPal MC, or a whitelabel similar card from Sync? I ask because I don't think PPMC has a foreign transaction fee?

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 4 of 54
Remedios
Credit Mentor

"Craig" works for Syncrony
You really think he's going with "yeah people complain all the time" on a recorded call.
Also, I cant even imagine what would happen to that poor person's job (if he could be identified) if bunch of customers start asking for particular person by their name.

Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not PayPal card!
I think it used to be toys-r-us storecard then Synchrony bank converted to 2% Cash back MasterCard on everything. It does have 3% foreign transaction fees.
Message 6 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is possible! But if we don’t tell them that we need the mobile application, they won’t make it a priority. In my opinion is wrong and they should listen to their customers. That’s why make your voice heard! Make a difference !
Message 7 of 54
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone!
I recently received a mail offer for Synchrony 2% MasterCard with following terms:
0% apr for 1 year
19.49% apr after
3% foreign transaction fee
2% cashback on everything via monthly credit
$150 bonus, when spend $1500 in the first 3 months.

So I applied and received instant approval for SL $7,000. They pooled Experian and my fico was around 732.

A week later, I received the card. Also this card is NOT world MasterCard!!!
I installed Synchrony Bank Financial App through Apple store and tried to setup my new account. Error. Error. Error!

So I decided to call customer service number on the back of the card. I was notified that this Synchrony 2% MasterCard does NOT have an application. Are you serious? And that they will change $10 if I need to make a payment on the phone. Wow!!!??? Ok, they don’t even have a dedicated website for this card and you need to go to reviewmyaccount.com
I did not realize that Synchrony Bank is so behind on technology. I talked to one of the managers name Craig or Creig (he said that he also uses to manage the Toys-r-us card) and that nobody ever complained about not having the application. He said that we they will need more complaints before they will make one. Folks, please call the phone number on the back of your card and ask to talk to Creig !!! He will make formal complaint! So far this is my first credit card that I have to go to strange website to access my card. Not happy. Please help to make things better for everybody. Thank you

While a mobile app is nice for checking bits of account activity on the go, me, as a dinosaur, prefers the big screen of a PC web site to really get things done, and to get PDF statements I can download to memorialize.  

The Apple Card, as All iPhone, Only iPhone, is annoying in this regard. 

Congrats on your card approval. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to do with Apple ( I just use Apple device). Synchrony Bank must have a mobile application at least for two major mobile devices: iOS and Android. Period. Plus they do have an application already but it does not support their 2% cash back MasterCard. Why??? It’s not storecard. Why? From the representative I understood that they don’t know that the people want it. Just call them and let them know that you also want a mobile app and let Craig help you to make a formal complaint.

Plus if don’t use applications, try it. Very useful tool and you always have all information at your finger tips)))
Message 9 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
.... I talked to one of the managers name Craig or Creig ...

I tried and got one named Greg (or Grey). He didn't think my vote would count because I don't have a card. I said it should count twice because I won't get a card until they get with the times. He said LOL, in not so many words. I said I'll LOL my business elsewhere in not so many words. 

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.