Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Great!!!! Let’s get the point across)))
Message 11 of 54
JNA1
Valued Contributor

There is an app and you can make payments from it, although it redirects to the PayPal to process. The app is very limited, but it does show your balance and available credit at a glance.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 12 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not PayPal 2% card.
This is Synchrony 2% Mastercard.
2 completely different cards.
Message 13 of 54
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

People have different priorities, I would much rather have 0 FTF (as in the Paypal card) than have an app on one with a fee   I understand in this case it's the worst of both worlds but apps just aren't a priority with me), as at my age (4095) I prefer a big screen to see all those little details at once.

Message 14 of 54
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Oh! My bad. That sucks! The PPMC app and online banking site leaves a lot to be desired as well.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 15 of 54
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware"

The app part is a big drawback, no notifications, no way to pay .. what is Synch thinking here?

Message 16 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart phone not so smart?  Just think if you had to write a check and send it via snail mail.  Heaven forbid, the simple life is so dumb...but it worked.

Message 17 of 54
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as has already been mentioned, their "financial app" is fairly limited to only certain products. Honestly, with as many SYNCB CCs I have, it doesn't make it or break it IME whether an app existed or not for the product to be functional. A matter of preference, of course.

FWIW, this specific product was never advertised nor available in a WMC version. Very few of SYNCB CCs are Visa Signature or WMC (the latter by upgrade or invite only for specific products).

But, I doubt I'd be bothering "Craig" on the upcoming holiday just to consider that option. I'd be more content and grateful with the approval 😁
Message 18 of 54
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Happy holidays, "Craig"
Message 19 of 54
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

This is still reconized as the Toys R Us MC.

I just got mine with a $15k SL and was suprised it was not a WMC or WEMC.

I never use phone apps, so it does not bother me.

Hopefully, no other issues with the card.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.