cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

This is one of the most annoying things about Synchrony to me. My B&H, Amazon, and CareCredit cards all have apps but my Marvel and PayPal, the ones I am actually concerned about fraud with being major credit cards, don't have dedicated apps and in the case of PayPal, they disabled transaction notification per PayPal's request. Marvel at least notifies me right away and I push payment to all my Sync accounts so that part isn't awful but I'm still very likely going to close the PayPal card in January. 

I think it's crazy that they have the excellent MySynchrony app and it only works with certain store cards (like my B&H) and CareCredit. Wasted opportunity. 





Message 21 of 54
ChargedUp
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@Saeren wrote:

This is one of the most annoying things about Synchrony to me. My B&H, Amazon, and CareCredit cards all have apps but my Marvel and PayPal, the ones I am actually concerned about fraud with being major credit cards, don't have dedicated apps and in the case of PayPal, they disabled transaction notification per PayPal's request. Marvel at least notifies me right away and I push payment to all my Sync accounts so that part isn't awful but I'm still very likely going to close the PayPal card in January. 

I think it's crazy that they have the excellent MySynchrony app and it only works with certain store cards (like my B&H) and CareCredit. Wasted opportunity. 


So there's no app for the Sych 2% card??? How do you get notifications for potential fraud or purchase alerts? And I thought Comenity was archaic...

AODFCU 3% Visa ($10K), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($24K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($29.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($13K), PenFed PCR ($3500), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K), PNC Cash Rewards ($9.5K)
Message 22 of 54
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@ChargedUp wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

This is one of the most annoying things about Synchrony to me. My B&H, Amazon, and CareCredit cards all have apps but my Marvel and PayPal, the ones I am actually concerned about fraud with being major credit cards, don't have dedicated apps and in the case of PayPal, they disabled transaction notification per PayPal's request. Marvel at least notifies me right away and I push payment to all my Sync accounts so that part isn't awful but I'm still very likely going to close the PayPal card in January. 

I think it's crazy that they have the excellent MySynchrony app and it only works with certain store cards (like my B&H) and CareCredit. Wasted opportunity. 


So there's no app for the Sych 2% card??? How do you get notifications for potential fraud or purchase alerts? And I thought Comenity was archaic...


For the Synch 2% I imagine it has text and email alerts like the Marvel but the PayPal 2%? If it's not a purchase made with PayPal, there are no alerts of any kind. 





Message 23 of 54
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@Remedios wrote:
Hi OP

I'm sorry you just found out about this. It's kinda well known fact. It annoys some, some are fine with it. Most people who need 2% cash back card find the annoyance to be tolerable if they dont have or dont want similar product from other lenders.

Just like everything else in life, this will become "normal" to you, as you get used to it.
Calling "Craig" wont accomplish much.
Maybe their partner PayPal does not want a separate app. Synch would have to abide by their wishes as they are in no position to lose another partner. This is their bread and butter at the moment.

Just enjoy your new card, log in "strange" website and be done with it till next month.
If down the road you decide this is way too much inconvenience for you, close it or SD.

Congrats on your approval.

It's Creig 😂

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-Signature-AOD-Redstone-CapitalOne-Goldman Sachs (Apple)-Huntington-Pinnacle-John Deere-Discover-BofA-Chase-Amex-Banco de Popular-Banco Do Brasil-Commerce-Truist-Citi-Synchrony-HSBC-USAA-Amegy-FNBO-Dell-Regions-Citizen’s-Wex-Hatch-Barclaycard-Comenity-DSNB-Webbank
Message 24 of 54
MacCreed
Established Member

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Wow no idea Synchrony was as stone aged as that!  Thank you for  the heads up!  Much appreciated.  

 

Always heard they had poor app but no app for a core product?   Jesus!  

 

But then they serve the store card crowd. 

 

 

 

 

Message 25 of 54
RusVision
Valued Member

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Seems like they are very stone age) they should make a disclosure about it on their pre-approvals)))
Message 26 of 54
RusVision
Valued Member

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!
Message 27 of 54
Remedios
Moderator

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@MacCreed wrote:

Wow no idea Synchrony was as stone aged as that!  Thank you for  the heads up!  Much appreciated.  

 

Always heard they had poor app but no app for a core product?   Jesus!  

 

But then they serve the store card crowd. 

 

 

 

 


And what exactly is wrong with those who take advantage of offers and rewards on their store cards? 

Let me answer that for you....absolutely nothing. 

Message 28 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

wow some passion going on here about an IMO silly app.  Log onto the regular website on browser by phone if one must see stuff..  Fraud alerts, etc will still all be sent to phone by text message or email if set up.  I rarely rarely use apps for anything, but i must be the exception to the rule probably due to my age and not growing up with them.  I use a phone for well phone calls, text message and checking my emails and that is about it.  

 

Also the flip side of it I have the apple card and it annoys me that there is only an app and no true website..  This I find more annoying!

 

Also regarding WMC, WEMC, Signature, Infinite really most of the card perks will never be used either it use to be about status, but about every card these days are one of the above 4 mentioned above, nothing special that 99.5% of the population will use

 

Oh yes about forgot before i hop on a plane... Happy holidays all

Message 29 of 54
Remedios
Moderator

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

@CreditCuriosity Have a safe flight!

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.