cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

The lack of non-PayPal notifications is my only real complaint with my PPMC. I've gotten to used to getting notifications on all my other cards, so I find myself logging in to the PayPal several times per day keeping an eye on things, and I wouldn't have to do that otherwise. I like the rewards redemption at any amount, I like that the payments post quickly, and they posted the SUB instantly after I met the required spend, and of course, 2% is great. I can live with it, especially if this ones grows like my other Sync card did. I came down to this card a nd the Citi DC and chose this one because of my relationship with Sync and I liked everything else (besides the lack of notifications) about the PPMC better than the DC. Eventually I hope to get the Alliant or Ollo 2.5% card because I have enough spend to offset an AF and still come out to the good. 

My credit card journey started 3/2018


Hover over cards to see limits and usage.
Total CL - $225,950
Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 6/1/21- $6336.35

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:


Message 31 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@JNA1 wrote:

The lack of non-PayPal notifications is my only real complaint with my PPMC. I've gotten to used to getting notifications on all my other cards, so I find myself logging in to the PayPal several times per day keeping an eye on things, and I wouldn't have to do that otherwise. I like the rewards redemption at any amount, I like that the payments post quickly, and they posted the SUB instantly after I met the required spend, and of course, 2% is great. I can live with it, especially if this ones grows like my other Sync card did. I came down to this card a nd the Citi DC and chose this one because of my relationship with Sync and I liked everything else (besides the lack of notifications) about the PPMC better than the DC. Eventually I hope to get the Alliant or Ollo 2.5% card because I have enough spend to offset an AF and still come out to the good. 


Gotta ask why drive youself crazy and check multiple times a day?  You know you aren't responsible for those charges if fraud does happen..  Check weekly and you will have alot more joyful life outside of logging into you accounts.  Just my 2 cents.

Message 32 of 54
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

The lack of non-PayPal notifications is my only real complaint with my PPMC. I've gotten to used to getting notifications on all my other cards, so I find myself logging in to the PayPal several times per day keeping an eye on things, and I wouldn't have to do that otherwise. I like the rewards redemption at any amount, I like that the payments post quickly, and they posted the SUB instantly after I met the required spend, and of course, 2% is great. I can live with it, especially if this ones grows like my other Sync card did. I came down to this card a nd the Citi DC and chose this one because of my relationship with Sync and I liked everything else (besides the lack of notifications) about the PPMC better than the DC. Eventually I hope to get the Alliant or Ollo 2.5% card because I have enough spend to offset an AF and still come out to the good. 


Gotta ask why drive youself crazy and check multiple times a day?  You know you aren't responsible for those charges if fraud does happen..  Check weekly and you will have alot more joyful life outside of logging into you accounts.  Just my 2 cents.


The point is that when you have notifications, you don't feel the need to check as often. I look at the rest of my accounts a few times a month but PayPal I find myself checking much more to make sure something didn't happen. 

Also Sync isn't known to be great for dealing with fraud so I would rather catch it sooner than later. 





Message 33 of 54
MacCreed
Established Member

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@Remedios wrote:

@MacCreed wrote:

Wow no idea Synchrony was as stone aged as that!  Thank you for  the heads up!  Much appreciated.  

 

Always heard they had poor app but no app for a core product?   Jesus!  

 

But then they serve the store card crowd. 

 

 

 

 


And what exactly is wrong with those who take advantage of offers and rewards on their store cards? 

Let me answer that for you....absolutely nothing. 


And what exactly is wrong with wanting an app in 21st century?

 

Let me answer that for you ... Absolutely nothing! 

Message 34 of 54
MacCreed
Established Member

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Wow some people going on and on about how you can use a computer and no need for an app.  Lol

Message 35 of 54
Janus
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Correct.

But how long have people in **** wanted Ice water? 

 

People these days seem to love to complain about things after the fact. But it's not SYNCH's fault that you didn't put research into your application. I know, I've been there too. It taught me to go into things a little more "aware", instead of just blindly running through a forrest.

 

With all these credit card blogs around these days, how can anyone not be informed? Even at a quick glance the PP MC looks better than the standard SYNCH MC. 

 






Message 36 of 54
RusVision
Valued Member

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

App is essential tool in 21st century and Synchrony Bank should and must understand that. Most people already has been using mobile devices to manage and check their financial stuff.
Message 37 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!


@RusVision wrote:
App is essential tool in 21st century and Synchrony Bank should and must understand that. Most people already has been using mobile devices to manage and check their financial stuff.

Not meaning to argue here, but i disagree is isn't essential..  Computers are essential.  What would you ever of done back in the pager days when CC's existed, yet apps did not nor did smart phones, etc?  We use to get things called paper bills and no online account access, etc.. We all survived Smiley Happy.

 

With all that said I am sure it will come one day, patience is key you still have a good card so enjoy it for what is is worth if is is causing that much of an issue you can get the Citi DC card or many other 2% cards that have app support.  Just enjoy the card and worry about things more important in life

 

This is coming from someone that writes software for a living and is very tech savoy as well...

Message 38 of 54
RusVision
Valued Member

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Why should we just survive??? Less and less people using computers now days. The point is that Synchrony Bank is way behind on technology and trends. They have to step up, but we need to let them know that it must be done. Make a call
Message 39 of 54
Janus
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% MasterCard Beware!!!

Do you mean that we need more and more people with their face glued to a smart device all day? Neglecting that fact their kid is screeming for the restroom, or any kind of attention. Not to mention causing accidents, tripping off curbs, running into people or glass doors?

 

What's so appealing about being relevant to poeple you've never met in person? 

 

This is all aside from the fact that this kind of data should not be transmitted over a smart device that can be intercepted much easier out in the open. Nor the fact it is all being monitored by Big Brother/Google. 

 

People simply do not know what they're agreeing to with all that Mobile easiness craze.






Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.