Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony 2% Unlimited Cashback MC Invitation

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: BEST PREQUALIFIED SYNCRONY 2% MASTERCARD Offer in US Mail

Oooh, I like being a guinea pig. But, I'm hitting the 1 year mark with amex this month so this will have to wait.

Message 61 of 70
althes
Frequent Contributor

When my walmart goes to Capone in a few days I can try and be a datapoint.

When the card becomes available to everyone.

Message 62 of 70
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Interesting card but with the Citi DC now offering transfer to TYP I think Sync would need a little more to compete with that. Strange that the website compares it to cards that aren't really relevant. Cap1 QS makes sense but Disco IT and Freedom are completely different ideas. I understand why they didn't compare it to the PP as that is their card but not comparing to DC was a strange choice probably because it competes very well with this card.
Message 63 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received synchrony 2% card pre qualify mailer offer

Has anyone received this pre qualified offer and accepted it can u please provide some data points like income and SL . Thanks
Message 64 of 70
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Received synchrony 2% card pre qualify mailer offer

Yes, you can find approvals for this card in the approval forum.
Message 65 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got it with 0% APR until 11/2020, then 13.74% afterwards (the offer said 13.99%, but it's actually the prime rate plus 8.49%), and a $17,200 credit limit. I have $200k income, ~$125k total CLI, ~780 CS for reference.

Main thing I'm interested in though is whether or not it has price protection. It doesn't say it anywhere, just that it has Mastercard benefits, and to go to mastercard.com/corecredit-GTB (dead link) or to call Mastercard to learn more... Going through their automated phone system just directs me to the default benefits listed on the Mastercard website, so maybe it does have price protection?

Message 66 of 70
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Qweqwe, did you get the invitation to apply, or follow the direct link above?
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 67 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I make 200+K a year the last thing I care about is price protection. Haha

Edit: this was in response to qweqwe making $200K a year.
Message 68 of 70
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If I make 200+K a year the last thing I care about is price protection. Haha

Edit: this was in response to qweqwe making $200K a year.

As your income rises, you often spend more money , buying more expensive versions of things.     If you buy something for $50K, and you then find it available for $45K, that's still plenty for someone earning $200K to care about!    And, IME, if you really have a LOT of money, you may start caring about trivial amounts as well.   (We bought a house from someone who had just made $700M selling his stake in a tech company.  We wanted a $150 credit for something, he came over to discuss for an hour before agreeing!)

Message 69 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:
Qweqwe, did you get the invitation to apply, or follow the direct link above?

Invitation in the mail.

@Anonymous
It's a large income, but housing costs and stuff are super high here in the bay area, so it's not as ridiculously large as it might seem. But I try to save as much money as possible so I can invest it and retire early, so price protection helps with that. I'm just getting into scuba diving, so that'll be pretty expensive...

Message 70 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.