Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony 2% Unlimited Cashback MC Invitation

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony 2% Unlimited Cashback MC Invitation

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Took me a moment to realize this wasnt ppmcSmiley Wink. Wasnt this card meant for people who may have had mc versions of stores closed like Toys R Us, etc?

Yes, that's the only time I've seen the card offered. I'm wondering if this isn't a response to my Walmart card moving to capital one? 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 21 of 70
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Statement credit? Fuggetaboutit

Actual cashback with paypal

Yup. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 22 of 70
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

How is this really different than the PayPal 2% MC?  Just dont have to have paypal acct?

No PayPal, lower APR tiers (13.99% is the lowest), no redemption (automatically redeems each month for statement credit), full alerts and an app. 

Just curious where you got the 13.99 apr from this?  Don't doubt you, just not clear...

edit: nvm... clicked on link

Yeah even their highest 26.99% APR is lower than the PayPal's 28.99% and the lowest PayPal is 21.99%. 

I got the 26.99% apr offering in my letter. $150 cash bonus for $1500 spend in the first three months plus 0% apr on purchases for the first year. It's alright. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 23 of 70
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@AlpedHuez wrote:

I heard about this card on DoC, it seems like after Toys R' Us went out of business they (Synchrony) converted cardholders of their store card to this card.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/toys-r-us-credit-card-to-become-2-synchrony-mastercard/

Yes. I'm just wondering if the card has been profitable enough for them they are going to start offering it on a regular basis, to other consumers. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 24 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh I hope they send me that offer. That one actually can be managed with their app!

They can send it to me next year so I stay in the garden. Smiley Wink

My offer is good until the second week in November, so I'm going to put it on the maybe pile. I'm trying not to get anymore sync cards, but I really hate the PayPal app set up, so a replacement 2% card would be nice. 

I have to cool it on Sync apps for now but I am planning to close PayPal in January which would open up $8K of exposure for a new card and I would happily replace it with this one. 

Message 25 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

How is this really different than the PayPal 2% MC?  Just dont have to have paypal acct?

No PayPal, lower APR tiers (13.99% is the lowest), no redemption (automatically redeems each month for statement credit), full alerts and an app. 

Just curious where you got the 13.99 apr from this?  Don't doubt you, just not clear...

Yeah even their highest 26.99% APR is lower than the PayPal's 28.99% and the lowest PayPal is 21.99%. 

I got the 26.99% apr offering in my letter. $150 cash bonus for $1500 spend in the first three months plus 0% apr on purchases for the first year. It's alright. 

$150 is better than the $25 they gave me for spending $500 through PayPal. 

Ironically, my PayPal APR is "only" 21.99%. 

Message 26 of 70
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Got the offer in the mail today. Never had a synch card before. Have had the Citi dc on my bucket list, but the $150 sub with synch would be nice. Don't care about tge 2% being used as a statement credit. Biggest ussue is my youngest acount was opened  less then 2 months ago. Oon the other hand i already have a Citi Costco visa, so maybe the relationship would get be a better sl, and no hp for cli.

Message 27 of 70
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

$150 is better than the $25 they gave me for spending $500 through PayPal. 

Ironically, my PayPal APR is "only" 21.99%. 

I think that's what mine is, too. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 28 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh I hope they send me that offer. That one actually can be managed with their app!

They can send it to me next year so I stay in the garden. Smiley Wink

Forget the Garden! Time to strike out and start our next UNICORN!!!

Message 29 of 70
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

I got the same invitation in the mail yesterday, trying to decide whether or not I want to pull the trigger... should I or shouldn’t I ? Lol my head will spin with this dilemma.

Synchrony has been historically stingy with me started with 200 on amazon card after 18 months that limit is now 5,000 ... I’m stuck with a few low CL bank cards with no way to get limit raised I got them early on and they seem to stay maxed at 1500...well it’s a tough choice for ... I hate decision time! 

AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.