Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Accounts Restricted

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Synchrony blue envelope.

OP clearly mentioned it was a fraud issue, this is not a blue envelope situation it's a fraud related issue.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 31 of 62
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

OP clearly mentioned it was a fraud issue, this is not a blue envelope situation it's a fraud related issue.

AGREED

I may be a request to validate you Social Security number (ID).

I've had a Discover card for 3 years and then applied for another. Shortly after they froze my accounts and requested the completed form they sent me along with ID. I did then I uploaded or faxed it (I forget lol) and within a week everything was back to normal.

Message 32 of 62
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit history is fairly new. 

My oldest credit card is not a year old yet, 

What is the worst that can happen if I file the 4506-T?

is this going to **bleep** my credit from now on?

Thanks for replying

Hi and welcome to MyFICO,

It sounds like you might get the blue envelope and it seems the reason is because you applied for several CCs in less than a year. The only way it will have a negative impact on your credit is if they close your cards and you have high UT. Also, you will get different reasons why people will or will not give Synchrony the IRS 4506-T form. My reason for a no is because I don't want a CC that deep into my business. Others feel it's not a big deal. So, it's up to you whether you want to or not.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 33 of 62
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit history is fairly new. 

My oldest credit card is not a year old yet, 

What is the worst that can happen if I file the 4506-T?

is this going to **bleep** my credit from now on?

Thanks for replying

Hi and welcome to MyFICO,

It sounds like you might get the blue envelope and it seems the reason is because you applied for several CCs in less than a year. The only way it will have a negative impact on your credit is if they close your cards and you have high UT. Also, you will get different reasons why people will or will not give Synchrony the IRS 4506-T form. My reason for a no is because I don't want a CC that deep into my business. Others feel it's not a big deal. So, it's up to you whether you want to or not.

It might be worthwhile to read the other posts in this thread?

OP has not even $5k of new Synchrony cards. There is no “Blue Envelope” yet, and it is quite possibly / likely to be just address verification.  For $5k I doubt a bank wants to go through the administrative effort of a 4506-T. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 34 of 62
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, i wonder what the color of this thread is??Smiley Wink

Welcome Op to the forumSmiley Happy. With your current exposure and being told its fraud related, the chances of it being a blue envelope are slim. No, a csr wont come out and say " Blue Envelope" lol, th as ts a term we coined hereSmiley Wink. 3 cards from Sync in 2 and half months is not the end of the wirld no matter what anyone says. Sync just happens to manage alot of Store cards or credit cards that many people use, some of us are bound to app for more than 2. It might have sparked something in their computers or it could be something in your profile did. Just wait for the letter and go from there. The 2016 thread was the real deal and though we will never truely know the main cause, it usually revolved around multiple apping in 30 days, high exposure or for many who made high income seemed to be key figures. Good luck opSmiley Happy
Message 35 of 62
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks a lot for your response,

I forgot to mention the Synchrony CSR said they were fraud protection and that the letter would provide instructions to give "verification" information.

it still worries me a lot, I had never heard of LexisNexis until today lol.

I guess it's wait and see, I do have a balance now but it's nothing I can't pay at once.

Thanks again.

@OP

If that’s the case then it’s more than likely just a security or ID verification letter and NOT the dreaded Sync Blue Envelope of Death! 

Maybe edit the title?

Mere mention of that “blue..” word makes everyone here jumpy and not everyone is inclined to go through the whole thread just  to post a comment. Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 36 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks a lot for your response,

I forgot to mention the Synchrony CSR said they were fraud protection and that the letter would provide instructions to give "verification" information.

it still worries me a lot, I had never heard of LexisNexis until today lol.

I guess it's wait and see, I do have a balance now but it's nothing I can't pay at once.

Thanks again.

@OP

If that’s the case then it’s more than likely just a security or ID verification letter and NOT the dreaded Sync Blue Envelope of Death! 

Maybe edit the title?

Mere mention of that “blue..” word makes everyone here jumpy and not everyone is inclined to go through the whole thread just  to post a comment. Smiley Happy

My heart quite literally sunk in my chest when I saw the thread go up last night and I had to compose myself before I could read it so I agree 😂 

Message 37 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

... It sounds like you might get the blue envelope and it seems the reason is because you applied for several CCs in less than a year ...

Adding a differing DP: from 6/3/18 -- 9/12/18 I added five Synchrony card. I also added another half dozen regular CCs. No blue envelope for me.

It sure sounds like a fraud check to me.

Message 38 of 62
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah but James, where do you cash THAT?Smiley Wink
Message 39 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Accounts Restricted

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the forums.

I have edited the title of your thread to avoid confusion given the recent actions on your SYNCB accounts.  Upon receipt of any correspondence from them, be sure to update the thread as a reference for others.  Hoping for a positive outcome on your situation. 

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.