Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Added a Request Relief Site

tag
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Synchrony Added a Request Relief Site

I noticed this when checking my Lowes card. I think it's a better idea rather than having to call in. 

>
Goal Cards:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Added a Request Relief Site

Probably just as good of an idea to hit the close account button. 

I will be amazed if 6 months from now we haven't seen lenders close a bunch of people and the only common theme is they took assistance. 

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably just as good of an idea to hit the close account button. 

I will be amazed if 6 months from now we haven't seen lenders close a bunch of people and the only common theme is they took assistance. 

I have a hunch you're right about this.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 6
Hex
Valued Contributor

I'd  be worried about getting AA just for clicking the link.  Smiley Happy

Sadly I'm only half kidding about this.

BUT-----

It's still a much better idea than getting a late payment or going without food or other necessities. There's some sort of Congressional protection to prevent NEW lates from being reported right now. So even if Synch ditched you-  you might keep a late from making it to your report (for all potential lenders to see) if you decided to work with them.   

Message 4 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Whose cards got shut when they had to defer payments due to ...let's say hurricane? 

One post...that's all I'm asking for. 

I'll come back later to check for the answer, even though I know there wont be one. 

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller???

Right. 

Anyway, what what you rather do, ask for the assistance IF you really need it even if it leads to card being closed down the road or stuck with things on CR that will haunt you for 7 years unlike closed account which is mostly *meh* event? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.