cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Amazon Prime Card cancelation without a missed payment - any way of reinstatement?

tag
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony Amazon Prime Card cancelation without a missed payment - any way of reinstatement?

I understand that is the opposing argument. If I were on that side of the question, I might try to guarantee that no check or ACH would be returned by adding overdraft protection to my checking account.

Since many members here have multiple accounts that require regular tending, it might be worth it to have a comprehensive list of accounts, passwords, and csr phone numbers so if you're incapacitated for a period of time, someone can help carry on. 

Message 21 of 23
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony Amazon Prime Card cancelation without a missed payment - any way of reinstatement?

@W261w261 wrote:

I understand that is the opposing argument. If I were on that side of the question, I might try to guarantee that no check or ACH would be returned by adding overdraft protection to my checking account.

Since many members here have multiple accounts that require regular tending, it might be worth it to have a comprehensive list of accounts, passwords, and csr phone numbers so if you're incapacitated for a period of time, someone can help carry on. 

Not always an option to have overdraft protection. My credit unions overdraft protection consisted of a RLOC that would deposit enough in my account in 100 dollar increments to cover any overdrafts. It was a great safety net for a while, but unfortunately, just like a credit card, it was closed due to non-use. Others might not have such issues, but it appears that the only way to keep overdraft protection at my credit union was to occasionally overdraw. Now I just consider 1000 dollars as a minimum balance in my checking account. That will more than cover autopay on everything should I become incapacitated. I always PIF, but have, like most set autopay for the minimum.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 22 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@W261w261 wrote:

We have our checking account linked to our savings account for overdraft protection.   We do this just in case there's a situation where we're both in a situation where we can't tend to daily ask such as paying bills.  

We hope this is a situation we never have to worry about but thankfully we're in a position where we'd both have to be out for a very long time (several years) before our savings account would run dry.  

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.