cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony America's Tire/Discount Tire CarCareOne card HP CLI ?

tag
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Synchrony America's Tire/Discount Tire CarCareOne card HP CLI ?

Hi all, for those who are familiar I have question about Synchrony. I've had an America's Tire/Discount Tire card since 2011, currently with an $1,800 cl that Started at $500. I've gotten two cli's through csr with a hard pull each time, which is why i haven't tried to increase it for about 2 years now. I've read quite a few post that claim Synchrony is usually a soft pull, am i doing something wrong ?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony America's Tire/Discount Tire CarCareOne card HP CLI ?

Car Care One does HP. A few other Synchrony cards do also.
Message 2 of 20
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Thanks, guess i'll just leave as is and hope for an auto increase. 

Message 3 of 20
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

That's what we're doing now. Hubby's card started at 500, got a HP CLI to 1k. Which is enough to get tires all the way around on our truck if necessary. I use it for gas for our lawnmower to keep it active until we need it.
Message 4 of 20
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Yeah that's another reason why i'm not pushing the issue, tires for my car cost just under $1,000 for all 4 so the limit i have now is fine. At least for what i use the card for.

Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have this issue with my Car Care One , Pep Boys account. Started at $500, after over a year finally got a hp increase to 1200 where it still stands and will probably stay as ive wasted quite a few hps on this, before i knew CS it is notSmiley Wink , and i really dont expect to get any auto luv, no pun intended Smiley Happy, ever. Been thinking of closing it but because i have a 13 year old car, will probably keep it open for emergency sake and interest free 6 months period over 299. Synchrony Financial are usually hps so good lesson to learnSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 20
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

I got a Discount Tire card last year to *attempt* to take advantage of 0% financing and got a $500 SL, which will never cover a set of tires on a car I own. It's a permanent SD card now. I'm not wasting HPs on a card like that, so if they don't bump it on their own, it'll likely never be used again.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 7 of 20
Curious0ne
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Got a starting SL of $700. That wasn't enought to buy the tires I needed that day. I ended up maxing the credit they gave me and putting the balance on another card. So much for the deferred interest on the total. I tried getting a CLI on that card after I paid it off but was denied. That's pretty strange since my other Sync cards have high limits. This card is SD now. Maybe as one poster wrote, I could use it for gas for my lawnmower!

Message 8 of 20
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

@Curious0ne wrote:

I have the same problem. Got a starting SL of $700. That wasn't enought to buy the tires I needed that day. I ended up maxing the credit they gave me and putting the balance on another card. So much for the deferred interest on the total. I tried getting a CLI on that card after I paid it off but was denied. That's pretty strange since my other Sync cards have high limits. This card is SD now. Maybe as one poster wrote, I could use it for gas for my lawnmower!

Exactly what I did. I maxed it to defer the interest and paid the rest in cash. I already had the hit from applying, so I wasn't about to not take advantage of the 0%, but unless I can defer an entire purchase in the future, I'd rather gather up some UR/MR/AA miles by using another card.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine at the same time I got my Newegg credit card. they are on the same login. I've got two auto increase on newegg. Try going to your profile and change/update your mailing address back and forth with abbreviations like the Target red card trick.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.