cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony America's Tire/Discount Tire CarCareOne card HP CLI ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony America's Tire/Discount Tire CarCareOne card HP CLI ?

Only good aspect about store cards is a diefferred interest all the time. If you can afford to pay most of it cash you should do so but if can could pay cash you should throw on a point earning card and then pay that off.

I do like auto repair store cards because you can keep maintenance itemized. if you have a teenager he can't use it anywhere but for their vehicle authorized user credit building and so on
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a discount tire card thru synchrony and just got a CLI and its a soft pull. I called this number (877) 379-8173 ask the rep if its soft or hard & its soft. I got bumped from $500 to 5,000. Ive had the card 8 months and my fico is about 690
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got one of these cards too, opened it about 13yrs ago, with a $1800 CL, and it has never budged. I tyically buy tires every couple of years and try and wait to get the Discount Tire rebate they do from time to time where if you buy certain tires and use your card, they do a rebate. Back in 2015 I put new tires on my car and got a $70 rebate for buying a set of 4 tires from a particular brand, and another $50 rebate for putting on my CarCareOne card (over a certain amount I think) . So I paid payments until the rebates came, then PIF the account. 

Other than that, I dont use the card, too many other favorable option on rewards cards. I keep in my car just for REAL emergencies, but in 13yrs I havent had one. I keep it active for its age. I may use it in the next month or two at Pep Boys for some car wash or something small just to use it..

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a discount tire and car car one both thru synchrony and both started at $500. They were both 7 months old when I called this (877) 379-8173credit solutions number for synchrony and I asked first and they were both soft pulls and I got discount tire to 5,000 and car care obe to 4,000. This all happened at the beginning of march 2017.
Message 14 of 20
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Well that sounds awesome. i'll try also and see what they tell me.

Message 15 of 20
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Johnson767 you are super clutch ! Just called and the rep assured me it was a soft pull, went from $1,800 to $5,000 just like that. Now i wish i would have asked for more but still happy, thanks again. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad you tried that number. That credit solutions number is the best one to call for synchrony. Anything Synchrony. I just got my marvel master card bumped from 2k-8k and another 1k onto car care one using that number. I've gotten big increases on walmart & amazon using that number as well.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad this thread was updated, I'm needing to put tires on both of our cars before the end of the year, and looking to take advantage of a few rebates. 

Called the number and got a very friendly rep who increased my CL to $5k. So I have had the account almost 14yrs, always in good standing, and just now got a CLI. 

She assured me it was SP, had me on hold for maybe 2min, came back and said she was able to complete my request for $5k. I probably could have asked for more, but really, I dont need it.. 

Thanks for the reminders, and the phone number! 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad it worked for you too. That number is gold for any Synchrony CLI
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG thank yall so much! I have been trying to get a CLI on this card for years. Called the number in this thread, and asked for $3,500 (being on the safe side) and was approved after being on hold for a couple min. No hard pull. I wish I would have asked for more now, but $3,500 will buy the tires I want with the 12 month 0% interest. Thank you so much!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.