Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Approved But Received a Confusing Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Approved But Received a Confusing Letter

I was approved for a Care Credit card, with $1000.00 limit.  I received it in the mail, it has been a month since I have had it.  I set up my online account and everything is good.  Today I received a letter with a congratulations and the amount I was approved for in the first paragraph.  The only problem is the last line of that paragraph says I haven't been approved for certain reasons and then they list them.  I called and got the automated message it didn't recognise my Social but it recognized my card number.  It told me what my credit limit was and everything is o.k..

I can also log into my account online and it shows my card limit too.  I am not sure what is going on.  Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Thank you for the help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Approved But Received a Confusing Letter

It appears two letters becamed mixed together. Have you used the card? If yes and there were no problems then I would think all is good.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I haven't used it yet.  I probably should call them and talk to someone, instead of using the automated thing, just to be safe.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure it wasn't the part of the letter where they tell you your score and what items are negatively affecting your score? Because the letter's I've gotten from Synchrony with my Paypal Mastercard had the approval part, then the other part of the letter told me my score at approval and the reasons why I didn't get the best interest rate, etc, and listed the negative aspects of my credit report.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with others it may be the part explaining why you did not qualify for more credit.

I am still waiting for a denial letter from early January so at least you got your letters.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.