Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

So I got both the Ebay and Paypal Mastercards. The Paypal limit is $2500 and the Ebay is $2000. I buy alot of use phones on ebay for my business. And because I was always using debit cards/My own money to buy these items I decided to use credit cards and make use of the rewards. I will spend at least $1000 to $2500 or more per day so I would pay the off the cards multiple times weekly more so the paypal card because synchrony bank when you pay basically takes 7-10 days to process the payment and with a limit of $2000 on the ebay card I can only get to reload it about 3 times per month when I pay with my bank of America checking account.

But with the Paypal card they have the option to pay with your paypal balance when I do  that within 2 days the funds is available on the card to be used, so I mostly use the paypal card. I only had these two cards for 2 months got about $70 rewards on the ebay master card applied to my credit card is paid off I even overpaid by $52. The Paypal card had a balnace on it which I was about to pay when I log into to check how much I owed. When I got this message "

There is an issue with your account, Please contact Customer Service at 1-866-241-9151.

You will not be able to make purchase with your card until you contact customer service."

Both the Paypal and Ebay card is in the same status even though they owe me on the paypal and I had $123 rewards on the paypal card plus pending rewards for current spending and I am not seeing the rewards. I am paying of the payments on the Paypal card and was never late. They say they are sending me some info in the mail for me to fill out and return and then i should mail it back and call them so was told the total time would be about a month. As anyone else experienced anything like this or can anyone tell me if I did something wrong by paying too often? The paypal account and my checking accouunt that i use to pay are both in my name and customer service in the number they gave say I have to wait to see whats in the letter as they don't have any information as to what is going on.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

could they want to verify your income with that infamous blue envelope perhaps?

Message 2 of 23
NRB525
Super Contributor

That is a lot of cash flow through the cards, if the cards are intended for personal use, not business use.

Probably need to go back to debit cards.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 23
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a blue envelope is on its way to you. Good luck.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am kind of new to credit cards are you saying then I cannot use credit cards to buy stock for my business? What does that blue envelope mean exactly ? Any Suggestions ?

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue Envelope is Synchrony's way of asking you to prove your income.  They freeze accounts until the process is over.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Thanks alot maybe its there way of telling me to get the city double cashback instead lol

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you may want to get a business card

Message 8 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok Thanks alot maybe its there way of telling me to get the city double cashback instead lol

Hi OP.  I don't think the issue is a matter of Synchrony pusing you to another lender...it's more of what you're doing, how you're doing it, and the cards you're using.  

You're using cards that are intended for personal use for business purposes.  With your activity, you're bound to raise suspicion with just about any lender...especially with your frequency.  

Try getting a business card.  There are plenty out there that would fit your needs and with proper income verification (if or when asked) you'd be able to run these purchases through without issue...and maybe even get a limit large enough to not have to may the many payments per week/month that you're doing. 

Best of luck to you!

Message 9 of 23
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

Hmmm that’s interesting.....

I got that EXACT same message with my card before it was closed. I wonder if they closed it as “lost, stolen, or unauthorized account opening” as was mine during the disastrous experience I had (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PayPal-Extras-Mastercard-Disaster/td-p/5439429).

I sure hope you get it figured out. FYI those rewards are most likely gone now.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.