Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

No I spend about 7 to 10k per month I will use it until they cut it off but I will use a bit less now since bank of america is giving me 3% cashback up to $2500 in spending each month any category I choose. So I will send less through synchrony now and build my credit and then get the capital one business card

Message 21 of 23
SBR249
Established Contributor

I would say that there is nothing inherently wrong with using a personal CC for business expenses especially if you run your own small business. There are plenty of pass through business entities and sole proprietorships where it's just not necessary to make that distinction. The problem I see here is with the low credit limit, repeatedly maxing out your limit and paying it down several times a month is a red flag in any situation for manufactured spending or even possibly illegal activities like money laundering (not that I'm accusing the OP of any such thing). It's just the common signs that automated fraud-detection and compliance algorithms would be set up to detect.

If you wish to continue using your card for your business you should be asking Sync to raise your limit as high as possible. They are usually known to be a generous lender in terms of granting increases even to thin files and it's usually a soft pull to ask so nothing ventured nothing gained. Remember it's not unheard of for high net worth individuals to have that much spend every month but it is unusual for them to do so on small limit cards. So you just have to convince the bank that you aren't doing anything illegal or against their terms of use and that you really have the cashflow to support that kind of spending. 

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cards are now unlocked but I will not put too much through it each month

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.