cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

Personal expenses go on personal cards.  Business expenses go on business cards.  Get a business card for what you are doing.

PenFed Power Cash • Promise • NFCU Flagship • cashRewards • GoRewards • Sapphire Reserve • Freedom • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure

No CC debt • No bonus chasing • No app sprees • No manufactured spending • No AZEO • No airline incidentals • No hotel cards • No store cards • No business cards • No authorized users • No autopay • No push payments • No food delivery services
Message 11 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

I read somewhere that you can't have both the ebay card and the paypal card. You can only have one.

 

Can't find the source right now but that could be it.




Message 12 of 23
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

Thanks for all the advice I guess I will have to get a business card, but they all asking for excellent credit and I have only stared using credit cards in actober

Message 13 of 23
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

If you haven't had credit built up, I would try the capital one spark card. They havr one for "average" credit. I dont know hoe they report as far as to business CRA or personal but its worth looking into. That way you are using the terms of the card properly. Business card for business purchases, personal card for personal purposes.
ETFCU Auto Loan - NFCU CLOC $15k

In My Wallet:

NFCU Flagship Visa $17k
ETFCU Prim Plus MC $5k
NFCU More Rewards Amex $3k
Amex Marriot Business Bonvoy $3k
DiscoverIT $2.2
Amex Hilton Honors $1k

Dresser Wallet:

Wayfair $9k
JC Penny $6k
Walmart $3k
Zales $2.45
Belk $1.5k

Business Accounts:

Amazon Corporate $4.5k
Fuleman Fleet $1.2k
BP Business Solutions $1.2k
Staples $1k
Office Depot $1k
Quill $0.1k
Uline $0.1k

Sock Drawer:

CapOne QS1 $1.55k
Merrick Bank $1.4k
Amex Delta Blue $1k
USAA Classic Amex $0.5k
CarCare $0.5k
PayPal MC $0.3k
Target $0.3k

RIP:

Best Buy Visa $4k (AA)
Sportsman Guide Visa $2.5 (AA)
Citi AAdvantage $2.5k (AA)
Mattress Firm $1.5k (Closed for no activity)
Finger Hut $1k (Closed for no activity)
Home Depot $0.5k (AA)
Shell Gas $0.5k (AA)
CapOne Platinum $0.7k (Combined into QS1)
Credit One MC $0.45k (Closed)
Credit One Visa $0.8k (Closed)
First Premier Visa $0.7k (Closed)
Indigo $0.3k (Closed)
Avant $0.3k (Closed)
Message 14 of 23
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards


@idolimage wrote:
If you haven't had credit built up, I would try the capital one spark card. They havr one for "average" credit. I dont know hoe they report as far as to business CRA or personal but its worth looking into. That way you are using the terms of the card properly. Business card for business purchases, personal card for personal purposes.

Capital One business cards report to personal CRs.  If the OP doesn't mind such a reporting feature, then that's always an option.

Message 15 of 23
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards


@patoot10 wrote:

I read somewhere that you can't have both the ebay card and the paypal card. You can only have one.

 

Can't find the source right now but that could be it.


Not necessarily, I have 3 PayPal (profile) Id's, one for each product, PayPal Credit, PayPal MC and eBay MC.  Then again, I've had them set up that way for quite a while without any issues from SYNCB.

Message 16 of 23
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

Sure enough I got the blue Envelope this Evening

Message 17 of 23
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards


@Trackmasters wrote:

Sure enough I got the blue Envelope this Evening


OP, do as you wish in regards to the requested information.  My advice is to do what works for you.

 

To the rest, I humbly ask that the conversation don’t be pushed in the direction of should/shouldn’t as the pros and cons of each side in regards to the blue envelope has been debated many, MANY times over. 

 

 Best of luck to you OP in whatever you decide.  

Message 18 of 23
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

 


@Loquat wrote:

@Trackmasters wrote:

Sure enough I got the blue Envelope this Evening


OP, do as you wish in regards to the requested information.  My advice is to do what works for you.

 

To the rest, I humbly ask that the conversation don’t be pushed in the direction of should/shouldn’t as the pros and cons of each side in regards to the blue envelope has been debated many, MANY times over. 

 

 Best of luck to you OP in whatever you decide.  


Thanks alot however they just sent the SSA verification for to verify my SSN. Even though I know sometime in the future they may shut down the card based on my spending, I will use it to build up my credit in the mean time till I can get a business credit card.

Message 19 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Blocked Both Paypal and Ebay Mastercards

So you're spending, per your words, AT LEAST $30,000 to $75,000 a month? If you're doing that you need to be making daily payments on your cards. You're going to be raising red flags everywhere using personal cards. If you've got that much flow daily through your business you should qualify for a business card without too much worry...apply for one through your current bank. They should be able to clearly see your spending needs....

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.