Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Stash Rewards Platinum closed

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Bank Stash Rewards Platinum closed

If the OP did not get approved recently for the MSU CU, it's highly improbable that he'd have a positive outcome with BECU. Most CUs will likely not approve more unsecured lines at this point given the overall unsecured exposure vs. current income. Once you reach a specific level of unsecured revolving credit, most CUswill require POI with no guarantee of approval
Message 41 of 57
baller4life
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
If the OP did not get approved recently for the MSU CU, it's highly improbable that he'd have a positive outcome with BECU. Most CUs will likely not approve more unsecured lines at this point given the overall unsecured exposure vs. current income. Once you reach a specific level of unsecured revolving credit, most CUswill require POI with no guarantee of approval

+1000 NASA, SSFCU and RBFCU have denied me for too much unsecured credit vs. income. That is a really a big deal when it comes to a lot of these CUs.

Message 42 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks wil, but I have to agree with Finstar.  I'm all tapped out.  I'll have to wait at least 6 months before trying anything else.  I said at least before someone reads into that

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 43 of 57
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing you process. We all have our deciding factors on card processes. I've done something similar with synchrony a few times usually cause I was annoyed/ rage energy about the approval in general.
Message 44 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

12njoy what do you mean under the radar? When you reach a certain limit?

I have been told by Credit Solutions that 100k is the max that one person can get for cli's.  They said you may go beyond that if you're adding new cards AND are approved, but when it comes to trying to get a CLI through credit solutions under a mnanual review, you're capped at 100k.  With that being said, it appears that if the system gives you a card and/or cli, you can go beyond 100k.  I'd rather not go beyond 100k at the moment which is why I closed the Stash card.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 45 of 57
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It was a hit or miss for me for some CUs, even with a high income. Most of them get jittery looking at so much unsecured available credit. The last one I was able to obtain was UNFCU, but not without some scrutiny but once my documentation and POI was submitted they were ok (but I'm sure still keeping one eye open).

Now, in 12njoy's defense, without the majority of his credit experiments and reported experiences, most folks would not have a good lick of knowledge of howssome of these lenders work. Plus, he's willing to sacrifice his own profile for the sake of credit science.

Admittedly, he likely did this more impulsively than many others would do, but at the end of the day it's his profile and credit.

Since he's come to learning about the possibility of FR with SYNCB, there's really no harm done on his end from scaling back and reevaluating his credit situation. His credit is still well -positioned but may need a little breather, that's all.
Message 46 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Thanks for sharing you process. We all have our deciding factors on card processes. I've done something similar with synchrony a few times usually cause I was annoyed/ rage energy about the approval in general.

Kudos to you ddemari.  It's all relative in this game of credit.  We do (should anyway) what's best for our situation.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 47 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
It was a hit or miss for me for some CUs, even with a high income. Most of them get jittery looking at so much unsecured available credit. The last one I was able to obtain was UNFCU, but not without some scrutiny but once my documentation and POI was submitted they were ok (but I'm sure still keeping one eye open).

Now, in 12njoy's defense, without the majority of his credit experiments and reported experiences, most folks would not have a good lick of knowledge of howssome of these lenders work. Plus, he's willing to sacrifice his own profile for the sake of credit science.

Admittedly, he likely did this more impulsively than many others would do, but at the end of the day it's his profile and credit.

Since he's come to learning about the possibility of FR with SYNCB, there's really no harm done on his end from scaling back and reevaluating his credit situation. His credit is still well -positioned but may need a little breather, that's all.

Why Finstar...  Smiley Embarassed  Thank you.  My credit marathon is on life support (in the sense as you said, I need a breather).  I'll evaluate the field mid to late 2016.  I've learned so much here and hope that I was able to give as well as I got.  If anyone took my rants on this thread personally, please forgive me.  I get a little annoyed when people think one size fits all. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 48 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
It was a hit or miss for me for some CUs, even with a high income. Most of them get jittery looking at so much unsec

Why Finstar...  Smiley Embarassed  Thank you.  My credit marathon is on life support (in the sense as you said, I need a breather).  I'll evaluate the field mid to late 2016.  I've learned so much here and hope that I was able to give as well as I got.  If anyone took my rants on this thread personally, please forgive me.  I get a little annoyed when people think one size fits all.   BELOW TO ME

___________ 12Njoy
Message 49 of 57
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

LOL... And look how far you've come along! But, sometimes tapping on the brakes isn't a bad thing. And believe me, I always reevaluate my profile to see how things should be better strategized.

I also review my SYNCB portfolio and from time to time need to adjust it since auto CLIs tend to push it over the $100K mark. I closed my Belks card as a result and adjusted some lines to ensure the threshold stayed compliant.

Plus, we can't ignore warning signs either so in the end it's all for the best.
Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.