cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank and 4506 request not so fast!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank and 4506 request not so fast!!

They Froze  17 accounts on 8-15-2016  some 6 yrs old few 2 yrs old.

Never late.

Synchrony Exposure $72900 ---- AUG 15-2016

Ballance $12513 ---- AUG -15-2016

Receive "Blue envelope" 8-22-2016.

Called in 8-29-2016 and requester to have all my accounts closed(was on hold for about 15 min) the girl had to do one by one.

Btw i made it clear to them how f..up they are .

I suggest dont wait for them to close theam you , do it uself.

And forget this lexis nexus bulll crap. its cards not a home.

After that all loggins for accounts are accessible via online. no more locks ,still have the free fico on sams and amazon.just zero available credit on all acounts and shows"This account is closed at your request.".

Bottom line if u get the blue envelope be smart and call the number on it and request to close all your accounts, unless u want them to close them for you.

Max cl 17k lowes.

Care credit 8.5k

Amazon 5 k

Sams 5k

Wallmart 5k

JC P 4k

Gap 5k

TJMx 3.5k

PayPal lousy 2k

Lowest one 800 new egg.

Fico8  TU 701. 8-29-2016

will update once scores changes after reporting all those accounts closed.

stay tuned.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank and 4506 request not so fast!!

@Anonymous wrote:

They Froze  17 accounts on 8-15-2016  some 6 yrs old few 2 yrs old.

Never late.

Synchrony Exposure $72900 ---- AUG 15-2016

Ballance $12513 ---- AUG -15-2016

Receive "Blue envelope" 8-22-2016.

Called in 8-29-2016 and requester to have all my accounts closed(was on hold for about 15 min) the girl had to do one by one.

After that all loggins for accounts are accessible via online. no more locks ,still have the free fico on sams and amazon.just zero available credit on all acounts and shows"This account is closed at your request.".

Bottom line if u get the blue envelope be smart and call the number on it and request to close all your accounts, unless u want them to close them for you.

Max cl 17k lowes.

Care credit 8.5k

Amazon 5 k

Sams 5k

Wallmart 5k

JC P 4k

Gap 5k

TJMx 3.5k

PayPal lousy 2k

Lowest one 800 new egg.

Fico8  TU 701. 8-29-2016

will update once scores changes after reporting all those accounts closed.

stay tuned.

Welcome to MyFico

Sorry to hear about your closures but there is no company out there, even the better credit card companies,  that anyone should have 17 accounts with.  It just opens you to scrutiny that is not needed.  Sometimes you just have to say that no when an opportunity for credit arrives with a company where you have that many accounts with.  Good luck in the future.

Message 2 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, sorry to hear but glad you took action first. I got a couple of those accounts myself , so quite concerning, but nowhere close to 17 accounts with same lender. If you dont mind could you list the others, i didnt realize you could have 17 accounts with sync bank. I definitly wanna pay all my accouts down so if i ever get the call to the big dance, i will only have to worry about closing them no balances. Best of luck with your credit journey and as previosly voiced, welcome to the forum and welcome to that crazy soap opera we like to call "As the Synchrony Turns" !Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 43
sarge12
Senior Contributor

I for one, never have and never will send 4506 to any creditor. I do not blame you for shutting them down. If I do not pay on time, then I deserve scrutiny, but if they want a 4506 so they can sell or share my info with their partners...no...just no!!!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 4 of 43
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

This would be a good but unfortunate example of why you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket with a single lender.  Eventually if something in the market spooks the banks there's going to be a ton of flaming threads on here about amex.boa.chase.and others getting shutdown like what happened in 2008.  I'm hoping the 17 accounts served their purpose and aren't needed any longer due to using them and diversifying your portfolio since starting down the road 6 years ago with Sync.

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most unfortunate but like your attitude! As other posters have said and I practice it, lender diversity! For myself I keep to no more than two accounts with one lender. US Bank flagged me and dropped one account for $10K to reduce my risk exposure with them and it surprised me (probably should have seen it coming).
Message 6 of 43
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Pay your balances off fast.  $12k @ Synchrony's 20% or higher interest rates is crazy.  I'm hoping some (or all) of that are on 0% promotions...

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry this happened to you, OP. Don't blame you at all for closing those accounts.

As was stated earlier, this is a good reason to diversify. Knowledge really is power. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Message 8 of 43
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not just Synchrony.  You need to take responsbility for your part in this.  Exceed any creditor's risk tolerance and you can see adverse action.  Learn from this instead of just blaming the creditor.

@Anonymous wrote:

The message does not matter.

@sarge12 wrote:

I for one, never have and never will send 4506 to any creditor.

Your call to make but it's really no big deal IMO.

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but I totally agree with OP on this one. Synchrony can pis* off!  I'm sorry, but I find the whole pratice of SPing ones credit to "watch us" and spy on us very invasive, and perhaps I am in the minortiy here, perhaps not -- but PEOPLE lets not forget there was a day not too long ago, before credit reports were computerized, when a lender approved you and kept your account active based SOLELY on your relationship with THEM, and your payment history with THEM.    SPing was not a thing when credit reports were not fully computerized (at least not the way they are so easily accessible now), and lenders relied on your account with THEM. Was default higher then?  Possilby, but not for all.  

I can understand AAing someone for sudden delinqunicies on other accounts, new collections, COs, or Public records.  I do not understand AAing someone or UTIL spikes, inquiries, or new cards.  Im sorry, but  SP is a small snapshot in time, and scores can change literally overnight with UTIL spikes or paydowns.  People can incur a UTIL spike simply for the reason of they forgot when to pay their bill to let it report at $0 (ie not late, paid on time but then charged again before statement cut on accident - this has happened to me).  Playing the credit game is exhasuting, and frankly annoyng as hell, trying to figure out when to pay each card to prevent anything reporting, when not to charge etc.  Who cares.  Unless you are going for a loan, mortgage etc -- your score is a bunch of BS and in no way accurately measures your creditworthiness which is why many BIG LENDERS (CHASE, Barclay) state they are no longer FICO LENDERS  I got approved for my APPLE Card with a 570 in 12/14.  Yes, a 570.  $3000.  I got approved for a CHASE RITZ with under 680 I believe, $7500.  I closed Apple myself after 1.5 yrs, and Chase is alive and well.  

Case in point:  Last month, AMEX SP'ed me and my score was showing 654.  Why?  I accidentally let a big balance report on another card becasue I charged after paying it off and before statement cut.  Meanwhile On another card, I paid down from $4300 to $0 ($7000 CL), and that reported 4 days later -- my score jumped to 683.  So, what AMEX saw was nearly 30 points lower all due to a simple timing error.  No AA, but still.  Ridiculous, and the only thing it shows is that the conumser (me) had a mind slip and nothing more.  

My point is that the reasons they are freezing accounts is absurd in most cases.  I am with OP on the lexus nexus crapola too -- a complete joke.  These are STORE cards, and some high rate VISAs -- NOT A HOME LOAN.  Get a job !!  No way would i allow my information to be sold to third parties -- this county has enough control of its citizen's lives, no way in hell.  We need to hang on to the last bit of privacy we have left!! 

OP dont pay attention to the credit-obsessed people here, who think you need a constant score of 700+  to function s a normal human being in life.  Pay your bills on time always, dont let accounts go to collections ever, dont rack up insane amount of INQs, keep your balances low (WHEN you can, life happens) and pay your taxes.  If a lender AAs you, tell them where to put it.  And for Rump's sake, live LIFE!!!! :-)  

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.