cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Blacklist - Recent Experience?

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

Synchrony Blacklist - Recent Experience?

Does anybody have any recent experience with being on the Synchrony blacklist? I'm wondering how long a person stays on it. I had two Synchrony accounts when I filed BK7 back in 2016, Amazon Store Card ($4kish CL) and Lowes ($10k CL), both with perfect payment history. I closed Lowes just prior to the BK as it had a zero balance.

Synch gave me another Lowes card 10 months post discharge, with a $1k limit. I've managed to get that CL up to $17k within a year. I recently applied for the PayPal 2% Cashback card and the Amazon Store Card (really want that 5% discount!) and was denied for both. They never pulled my credit for either and the only reason listed on both for the denial was, "prior unsatisfactory obligation with us."

Not sure why I received their Lowes card if they are holding a grudge, unless my prior Lowes account helped. How long can I expect to be on their blacklist for other products? While researching it, most people seem to have been let back in with them.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JaseT
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony Blacklist - Recent Experience?

I think I will try again after my 2 years post discharge hits, at the end of March. Smiley Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.