cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CC holders, will they off-cycle report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony CC holders, will they off-cycle report?

Those that have a CC backed by Synchrony (or simply those in the know) do you know if they are willing to do an off-cycle reporting of your account if requested?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony CC holders, will they off-cycle report?

Doubtful although they certainly will report a balance off cycle when you don't request it Smiley Happy..  They were nice enough to report my 10k charge on CareCredit on my 12k limit 2 days after transaction hit although it was 25 days until statement cut... SMH.. Although as you know FICO has no memory of utilization and paid it off and next statement report zero balance.. Annoying none the less the choose to report although sure other creditors liked to see I could pay 10k off instantly when I needed. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I've heard those stories about Synchrony off-cycle reporting when not requested, especially following large purchases. 

I just used my only Synchrony card today (Lowe's) not really thinking about statement cut date and it just so happens that today is that day.  The transaction is pending, so I suppose it's 50/50 if it will hit the statement.  I'm a few days away from testing another FICO score data point with another CC, so Synchrony reporting a balance would sort of screw up my test.  If I knew they would off-cycle report $0 after paying it off in a day or two, it would make me feel a little better.  My fault for not paying closer attention to my statement dates, but since it's a store card I don't use it all that frequently.

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unpredictable off-cycle reporting can happen with any SYNCB CC. But, requesting an off-cycle change is not something that SYNCB will do.

It's possible your balance might report, but it might not. Just depends on when the transaction hits the batch processing timeline. Typically, some in-house POS transactions can post quickly.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, good to know that Synchrony will not re-report upon request.  I'll see what happens in the next few days.

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If your cycle date is today (Friday), you can check online tomorrow (or Sunday) to view if you have any payment due if the statement generated with the transaction balance. Otherwise, the transaction missed the batch processing cut-off and your test can proceed as planned.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.