Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Car Care/Discount Tire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Car Care/Discount Tire

FYI You can use your Synchrony Car Care Card at Discount Tire Direct. Wasn’t sure if I could use it or not because Synch has a cobranded card for that vendor as well. I just winged it and typed in my card info and it worked. 4 new truck tires, free shipping and no sales tax. Best deal I’ve gotten on tires since Black Friday 5/6 years ago. 6 months interest free; easy peasy. Highly recommend!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Car Care/Discount Tire

Whatttttt, You can use your Medical CC for tires now? lol

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Care! Not Care Credit, lol
Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Who Cares, Car Cares , Thats whoSmiley Wink

You can also use your Car Care Card, aka Synchrony Car Care at the gas stationSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Who Cares, Car Cares , Thats whoSmiley Wink

You can also use your Car Care Card, aka Synchrony Car Care at the gas stationSmiley Happy

Hmph. If I didn't already have $25K in three Sync cards (Care Credit, Amazon, Walmart) and wasn't planning to try for a Marvel MC sometime this summer, I might think about Car Care myself. I buy my gas at Costco, and I don't think they take Car Care anyway, so.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am strongly considering the Car Care Card. I don't have any other Synchrony cards, I don't think. I'm trying to plan my new cc apps. I am rebuilding my credit, I started with the starter unsecured cards, total (CLI to $450) and first access (CLI to $350), and then got first progress secured ($400),  milestone ($300) didn't want a secured card from a major bank so waited and just got an unsecured with USAA ($500 SL) and then got a neiman marcus (SL $1000) (and I have COFs with cap1 but they still approved me, thankfully, because I've always loved my Cap1 card), a buckle card (SL $250)  and just apped last night at wayfair got approved for ($2000 SL), so I'm looking at the Car Card Card to start with synchrony, but am trying to app with higher SL so when I go for the big banks, like amex, barclays, discover, etc I'll get higher limits. I am wondering what kind of SL they give on this card, I've heard it can be pretty decent... I like you can use it anywhere they accept Discover. Have you gotten any CLI yet?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I kinda did the same thing. I need new tires and have a Discount Tire right around the corner from my house. I applied for the Car Care card, was approved with an SL $750. Had to call in to give more information and they gave me my Credit Card number over the phone. I was then able to create my log in account on the Car Care site even though I haven't gotten the card in the mail yet. I logged in and immediately clicked the CLI link and was bumped to $1750, clicked it again and was bumped to $3000. The third time was not a charm and was denied. Still waiting on the card to show up in the mail... As always, YMMV...

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am strongly considering the Car Care Card. I don't have any other Synchrony cards, I don't think. I'm trying to plan my new cc apps. I am rebuilding my credit, I started with the starter unsecured cards, total (CLI to $450) and first access (CLI to $350), and then got first progress secured ($400),  milestone ($300) didn't want a secured card from a major bank so waited and just got an unsecured with USAA ($500 SL) and then got a neiman marcus (SL $1000) (and I have COFs with cap1 but they still approved me, thankfully, because I've always loved my Cap1 card), a buckle card (SL $250)  and just apped last night at wayfair got approved for ($2000 SL), so I'm looking at the Car Card Card to start with synchrony, but am trying to app with higher SL so when I go for the big banks, like amex, barclays, discover, etc I'll get higher limits. I am wondering what kind of SL they give on this card, I've heard it can be pretty decent... I like you can use it anywhere they accept Discover. Have you gotten any CLI yet?

Actually I believe this card is a harder one to get from Sync and the sl for it is not  very high at first. Took me forever to get any cli and they were always up as its Sync Financial.  I finally have it at 5k but it was a battle. Just my 2 centsSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm nervous about apping at synchrony. My DH just apped Walmart & he usually has much higher limits than me & got a $150 SL... So it made me nervous, I was sure he'd get an $800 SL, but hadn't done any research on it. I'm wondering if I should just tell him to call for CLI immediately.

I think I'm going to wait on this card until later this summer. We want an RV so hoping it will be helpful.
Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ah the good ol one fiddySmiley Wink My Wally started at one fiddy and now it's at 15 KSmiley Happy Never look a gift Synchrony in its mouth LOLWUTSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.