Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Conn's Graduated(?) to Synchrony Home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Conn's Graduated(?) to Synchrony Home

I logged in today & that's the word from Synchrony -- my Conn's card will become a Synchrony Home CC in short order. Best I can tell I still can use it at Conn's and now also at some additional stores. I asked for a CLI and got rejected. So my stuff may smell good enough for a graduation but not THAT good. Oh well. 

Anyone had expereince with this "graduation"? Is it a good thing? Any caveats?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony Conn's Graduated(?) to Synchrony Home

I wonder if they'll do the same for the Rooms To Go (RTG) card as well....

Message 2 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Wasn’t even aware that Conn’s uses Synch. Used to get a lot of pre-approval from them in the past especially during the early stage of my rebuild but just ignored them as I find Conn’s to be way more expensive as compared to Bestbuy or Fry’s.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 5
jim44
Established Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

I wonder if they'll do the same for the Rooms To Go (RTG) card as well....

Doubtful with RTG   My experience with two Synchrony store cards is when a store goes out of business such as HHGregg or when the bank cuts ties with other stores such as Floor & Decor, they repurpose their credit cards.  Big announcement via email Synchrony actually changed the cc on my account from HHGregg to ?  but I never recieved a cc in the mail.  After a while Synchrony closed the account for good.  Same with Floor & Decor.  They closed my Floor & Decor and opened a new Synchrony Home card in my name.  Never received the card and they have since closed that account too.  I'm betting it's from non use.  

Message 4 of 5
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I have a Mattress Firm credit card that has "graduated" into a Synchrony Home card as well. I've had the card maybe 2-3 years. I don't think it's really a graduation per se. Synchrony sees that customers open these cards for one-time financing and then the customers basically never use the card again. So what do they do? Lose customers? Nope. They have devised a pretty smart plan by creating this "home" network of places you can use the card, which is run through the Discover network. They are basically letting you use the home card at a bunch of places where Synchrony offers financing, making it a somewhat universal card. If you go to their website, it will let you search locations you can use it. There are a lot. One I am eyeing is ABT Electronics, which sells a bunch of stuff. I haven't tried my card there yet, but it supposedly works.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.