Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony - Early update

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Synchrony - Early update

Just had an interaction with Synchrony CSR and thought I would share.

Anytime you zero your balance you may call and request an early/mid-cycle update to the major CBs.

On a recently opened account I had a large purchase, equal to 88% of my CL. I attempted to pay in full prior to reporting. They would not deposit my check until statement was cut and reported. Statement cut, they deposited the check eleven days after I sent it. I then hit luv button, yada, yada, yada. Because I had zeroed the account they agreed to a mid cycle update which will now reflect my greater CL.

I hope this is useful information for some of you.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony - Early update

Great to know! Thank you

Message 2 of 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I've found with synchrony, requesting a mid-cycle update is almost a waste of time. They'll update whenever they want, so they could update again the moment you make a charge, and then again when you make a second charge. You could make another 10 charges with no update then the next one triggers it. The last time I requested an update, I got 3 in a week and a half totally defeating the purpose.

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol , ^^^ This^^^^Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes If I need a sync update I will change my income by 1 or 2 dollars and it will report. 

It doesn't always work but once in a blue moon it will.

Message 5 of 7
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I've found with synchrony, requesting a mid-cycle update is almost a waste of time. They'll update whenever they want, so they could update again the moment you make a charge, and then again when you make a second charge. You could make another 10 charges with no update then the next one triggers it. The last time I requested an update, I got 3 in a week and a half totally defeating the purpose.

So far I've had good luck get Synchrony to update w/in 2-3 business days, same for Chase even if you don't zero your balance!

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 6 of 7
LOC
Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.