Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony, Earthquakes , and Credit cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Synchrony, Earthquakes , and Credit cards

Just wanted to give credit to the only bank / creditor of mine that seems to have any semblance of humanity or at least thoughtfulness to the ongoing stressful times we are encountering here in Puerto Rico. Ive received email offering support if needed and on my various Synchrony accounts, the possibilty of help with certain fees and charges/ possible credit limit increases, etc for those of us affected by the recent earthquakes here in PR.

For those who have been affected but may not have been able to receive email due to failed cell service/ power as i had encountered, heres an excerpt from my email and please give Synchrony a call if you need help :

We understand.
Our thoughts are with those affected by the earthquakes in Puerto Rico. When disasters of this magnitude strike, we want to be there to support our customers in their time of need.
We are aware that the earthquakes has devastated communities and hope you and your loved ones are safe.

If you encounter any difficulties with your Synchrony Bank issued credit card(s) during this time, please call the number on the back of your card to speak with a representative. Our customer service representatives are aware of the situation and ready to assist you with your needs. You may also visit www.mysynchrony.com for assistance. If you cannot locate your card, please call us at 1-844-426-9094 for assistance.

We understand you may experience difficulties associated with the earthquakes. You can rest assured that we are here when you need us at Synchrony.

Have not seen one other bank mention our time of need which isnt really suprising as we are often forgotten about in the big scheme of life but for the small gesture it may be, THANK YOU SYNCHRONY for the gesture. Blessings to all those affected and still being affected. AJC
28 REPLIES 28
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony, Earthquakes , and Credit cards

I didn't realize you were in PR.  You folks keep getting the short end of the stick.   Good luck with everything!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 29
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Good for Synchrony Bank!  Too bad the cheese stands alone. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you @spiritcraft1Smiley Happy

Ive been fortunate to be in the North but the south has been hit hard. Its still mentally stressing for all not knowing when the next one is coming and when we feel it in North we know its big to feel it. Most of our power comes from the south so after Maria and these, its very fragile. Even my work has been affected as we have a store down there and for all intents and purposes thats not opening anytime soon so it could affect my job as well. Very stressful but gotta find strenght anywhere i can and thankfully, this community does help me in many ways. I never know if ill be needing that kind of help but if i can help anyone i will if i canSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Just wanted to give credit to the only bank / creditor of mine that seems to have any semblance of humanity or at least thoughtfulness to the ongoing stressful times we are encountering here in Puerto Rico. Ive received email offering support if needed and on my various Synchrony accounts, the possibilty of help with certain fees and charges/ possible credit limit increases, etc for those of us affected by the recent earthquakes here in PR.

For those who have been affected but may not have been able to receive email due to failed cell service/ power as i had encountered, heres an excerpt from my email and please give Synchrony a call if you need help :

We understand.
Our thoughts are with those affected by the earthquakes in Puerto Rico. When disasters of this magnitude strike, we want to be there to support our customers in their time of need.
We are aware that the earthquakes has devastated communities and hope you and your loved ones are safe.

If you encounter any difficulties with your Synchrony Bank issued credit card(s) during this time, please call the number on the back of your card to speak with a representative. Our customer service representatives are aware of the situation and ready to assist you with your needs. You may also visit www.mysynchrony.com for assistance. If you cannot locate your card, please call us at 1-844-426-9094 for assistance.

We understand you may experience difficulties associated with the earthquakes. You can rest assured that we are here when you need us at Synchrony.

Have not seen one other bank mention our time of need which isnt really suprising as we are often forgotten about in the big scheme of life but for the small gesture it may be, THANK YOU SYNCHRONY for the gesture. Blessings to all those affected and still being affected. AJC

I had received the same things for the Massive California Fires, but upon calling in, they did nothing for Me.

Nice gesture on their part, but that is all that it was. Smiley Indifferent

Take care AJCSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Smartie, can be the case but hopefully those who actually need it can get it. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 29
EdMan63
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

We understand.

Never knew you were in PR. All the best to you!!!!!

Message 7 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

AJC, I'm glad you and your family are doing reasonably well under the circumstances.

Thank you for sharing positive experience and I'm glad you can get at least some relief during challenging times (as if PR needed another one)

Big 🤗 for you!
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best wishes, Joseph. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks @EdMan63 @Remedios 💝 and @Anonymous 😎

Just lost my power again but luckily still have my internet and i charged my phone an hour ago😏
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.