Re: Synchrony, Earthquakes , and Credit cards

"Hello, I'm in Puerto Rico and could really use a credit card right now"

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 21 of 29
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Just wanted to give credit to the only bank / creditor of mine that seems to have any semblance of humanity or at least thoughtfulness to the ongoing stressful times we are encountering here in Puerto Rico. Ive received email offering support if needed and on my various Synchrony accounts, the possibilty of help with certain fees and charges/ possible credit limit increases, etc for those of us affected by the recent earthquakes here in PR.

For those who have been affected but may not have been able to receive email due to failed cell service/ power as i had encountered, heres an excerpt from my email and please give Synchrony a call if you need help :

We understand.
Our thoughts are with those affected by the earthquakes in Puerto Rico. When disasters of this magnitude strike, we want to be there to support our customers in their time of need.
We are aware that the earthquakes has devastated communities and hope you and your loved ones are safe.

If you encounter any difficulties with your Synchrony Bank issued credit card(s) during this time, please call the number on the back of your card to speak with a representative. Our customer service representatives are aware of the situation and ready to assist you with your needs. You may also visit www.mysynchrony.com for assistance. If you cannot locate your card, please call us at 1-844-426-9094 for assistance.

We understand you may experience difficulties associated with the earthquakes. You can rest assured that we are here when you need us at Synchrony.

Have not seen one other bank mention our time of need which isnt really suprising as we are often forgotten about in the big scheme of life but for the small gesture it may be, THANK YOU SYNCHRONY for the gesture. Blessings to all those affected and still being affected. AJC

It's good to see that you're pulling though my friend!

If Synch pulls through for you with this offer, I may have to look at them in a different light. I know Amex is known to be helpful when natural disasters strike, but this is the first I've heard of it with any one else.

Best wishes and prayers to you and yours! I hope things calm down over there for a good long time!

Message 22 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you @ChargedUp Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 29
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Glad our doing allright AJC,actually thought about you

when I heard about those earthquakes.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be interesting to find out exactly what they mean in terms of assistance, like perhaps 0% for 12 months on purchases. Or even no fee 0% BT offer.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet they'll just offer late payment forgiveness. 

Message 26 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sounds about right. Im sure if you called up and asked for a cli to buy more things needed they would probably help. There are people without homes sleeping outside so some may really need the assistance though not sure how many here would have Sync cards.
Message 27 of 29
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit 

I saw that too... and I'm glad that you posted it, not me.  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 28 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah i saw this too. Its nice to see but i trust PF about as much as i can spell itSmiley Wink. In my case , no matter how i plead, Penfed will never see past my low income or plethora of credit cards lol. I just need to find me a Sugar Momma and then we can combine incomes and i might just be able to shake something from their tree.

On snother note, looks like we got a Meteor today🤔 Whats next😏
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.