Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony FA and credit locks

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Synchrony FA and credit locks

Just heads up if anyone is not aware, you can not get CLIs on your accounts if you have either a lock or a fraud alert.

If you apply you must unlock or get fraud alert off per CSR.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony FA and credit locks

Thanks Mom, ive been saying that for awile. People sometimes believe just because you have an existing account with them they can sp you but ime, you cant have your file locked or frozen when calling Credit Solutions. If you hit luv button, its a ymmv because you may have computer generated cli waiting for you when you push. After 10k luv butyon becomes useless.
Message 2 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes I always "thought" Synch soft pulled EXP, but my letter stated TU.  Sad thing is I had requested a few prior to this and when I got the letter I just shredded it because I thoght I knew what the reason was ( I have had many because I requested too soon) , my bad Smiley Embarassed Always open the letter Smiley Wink

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks Mom, ive been saying that for awile. People sometimes believe just because you have an existing account with them they can sp you but ime, you cant have your file locked or frozen when calling Credit Solutions. If you hit luv button, its a ymmv because you may have computer generated cli waiting for you when you push. After 10k luv butyon becomes useless.

Hmmm.  I used the luv button to go from 17k to 25k on my Lowes card last month...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Interesting TacoSmiley Happy. I would bet thats more card specific than most Sync accounts. I could be wrong but cards like Wally, Sam's, Amazon, Marvel, seem to always get a force to call CS for further consideration where they need to see your report. Congrats on getting a HighesSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.