Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Financial Statement Closing Date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Financial Statement Closing Date

@CoSprings99 wrote:
My situation is I bought something not realizing my statement cutoff date on 10/20. My cutoff date is 10/21. It isnt a posted transaction so I have no ability to pay it yet. So I'm sure it will cut statement tonight with that transaction posted and I'm just screwed.

Synchrony doesn't report statement balance, they report current balance, and it's usually a week or so after the statement closes. 

You will drive yourself mad trying to manage how Sync reports honestly.

Message 11 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What's the transaction amount compared to the CL? It's likely that if the transaction doesn't post by the closing of today's statement (hopefully those batch processing elves will be on your side), then you should be ok.

If the premise of the situation is related to any potential FICO score impact (if at all), and since FICO has no memory, this can easily be corrected at the next reporting period.
Message 12 of 14
CoSprings99
Established Member

About 75 percent of limit. Used to obtain 25% off on total purchase. Lesson learned. Would have just waited until wednesday.
Message 13 of 14
CoSprings99
Established Member

For an update, I called to try and pay before the purchase posted yesterday (on the statement closing date) and she said since it wasn't posted there was no way she could take the payment. She did reassure me that since it was still pending on that day that it wouldnt be on the statement, although I was skeptical. She was correct. I looked today and it shows the new payment date with nothing due and 0 statement balance although the online system doesnt show the full pdf statement yet.

Time will tell if it reports mid cycle as reported above. Would prefer 0% interest for 12 months
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.