Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Mid-Statement Reporting!!!

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Synchrony Mid-Statement Reporting!!!

Is this a NEW business practice or something:

I'm practicing the AZEO method and PP is the 1 card that had a balance under 8%. I've paid it down over a 4 month period ($700+ -->$0). I'm now switching to my Credit Union Card.

Anyway, I waited for the PP statement to cut to reflect $0 balance and report to the CB's, after a week or so my reports reflected $0 from PP, I then purchased a dresser for $367 using PP (which I was going to pay 100% before the next statement), but Synchrony updated my credit reports to reflect this new purchase! I'm pissed. I'm doing the AZEO method and this throws it off! Now I have 2 cards reporting!

Beware...Synchrony is playing dirty.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Synchrony Mid-Statement Reporting!!!

Synchrony is known for this. They'll update as soon as you spend, but take their time reporting $0

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Synchrony is known for this. They'll update as soon as you spend, but take their time reporting $0

^^ Have read many instances of this happening.  Sucks and sorry that it happened.  Luckily I've never experienced and hope to keep it that way, but sure I just jinxed myself!  Robot Mad

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're going to use Synchrony cards while trying AZEO, you need to make the Sync card your non-zero card. It was actually my adding Sync accounts that finally made me give up on AZEO. Fortunately it made literally 0 difference in my FICO 8 scores going from AZEO to AZE3 that month so I don't bother with it at all now. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.