Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Off Cycle CB Updates

tag
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Off Cycle CB Updates

Just an FYI, I have one Synchrony PP 2% CB card and after a large purchase last month, I am now getting random mid cycle reporting updates regularly. I had the card for over a year and they were always consistent with reporting once every billing cycle. I'm not sure if the economic downturn from COVID-19 plus the one large purchase have them acting weird but this is annoying as I like to have total control of how my credit utilization is reported with AZEO...thinking about throwing this card in the sock drawer and using my Cap1 QS as my other DD along with my Cap1 Savor.

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Off Cycle CB Updates

Synch has been known to report after large purchases, kind of sporadically. There are quite a few testimonials to the aggravation this causes here in the forum.

Message 2 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@nykos5000 wrote:

Just an FYI, I have one Synchrony PP 2% CB card and after a large purchase last month, I am now getting random mid cycle reporting updates regularly. I had the card for over a year and they were always consistent with reporting once every billing cycle. I'm not sure if the economic downturn from COVID-19 plus the one large purchase have them acting weird but this is annoying as I like to have total control of how my credit utilization is reported with AZEO...thinking about throwing this card in the sock drawer and using my Cap1 QS as my other DD along with my Cap1 Savor.

I closed my beloved Marvel card because of this. It's my understanding that their reporting is quite random.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It does suck. It would always hsppen to me on my Amazon card. I knew i had time to pay it before due date or statement cut but then bam, i was like you son of a Chase!Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
blazerein
Established Contributor

@nykos5000   It happened to me as well.  I have the TJ Max MC and put Netflix payment every 15th of the month.  I know this card post to the CB every 29th of the month but when Netflix post it payment on the 15th, it shows pending under my TJ Max account but they already post it the same day that I have a balance of $16. Crazy Synchrony.... smh

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yet my washer and dryer purchase ($1500ish) 3 weeks ago was not reported until my statement cut date this week. I wonder if it's because I had a balance on the card already. Maybe it's them reporting whenever a non-zero balance occurs?

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And yet my washer and dryer purchase ($1500ish) 3 weeks ago was not reported until my statement cut date this week. I wonder if it's because I had a balance on the card already. Maybe it's them reporting whenever a non-zero balance occurs?

No , its because you're the Devil and nobody playin with Homie when it comes to washing ones  credit sinsSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

It does suck. It would always hsppen to me on my Amazon card. I knew i had time to pay it before due date or statement cut but then bam, i was like you son of a Chase!Smiley Wink

What's wrong with Chase? 

Message 8 of 13
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

This was going on before COVID. The moral of the story is to be very careful about how you use Synchrony cards during the mortgage process. If you need your balance to be at zero, you're going to have to sock-drawer the card. If a positive balance is acceptable, plan your charges and payments so you can keep that balance low.

Message 9 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nah, I'll go months with them only reporting statement balance, then out of the blue they'll report a charge. Doesn't matter if my card has 0 balance or not. That'll happen for a couple of months, then back to normal.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.