Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony PayPal CLD

tag
randian
Valued Member

Synchrony PayPal CLD

Synchrony whacked my PayPal line down from $10k to $1500. No derogs to warrant such action. If the xx24 thing is real I assume reinstatement is impossible. They might as well have closed it though. Now that it's a reporting line there's no way I'd max out utilization (as I would have to since it's a toy line) to use it. If you are patient there are great eBay deals on OLED tvs (for example, from legit sellers) that PayPal's occasional 0% offers were excellent for.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
randian
Valued Member

Re: Synchrony PayPal CLD

Synchrony didn't close any of my cards, but they did whack me with a big CLD on my PayPal ($10k -> $1,500), basically making it useless. No notice (the only reason I found out is because I logged into my PayPal account for an unrelated reason) and no derogs.

Message 2 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for your CLDSmiley Sad

Seem's to be very common with SYNC these days.

#AreBlueLettersNext?

Message 3 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry to hear.

You kind of touched on this in your first post, but the end state of an autogenerated CLD due to lack of use is an updated CL of XX24.  IOW your card probably wasn't targeted due to lack of use.

Did your overall utilization jump or did you for example perform a BT leading to high utilization reporting on a single card, did you add a bunch of inquiries earlier this year, or did you for example have a large balance on the card at some point which you only made mininum or close-to-mininum payments for a few months?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 17
randian
Valued Member

@coldfusion wrote:

Sorry to hear.

You kind of touched on this in your first post, but the end state of an autogenerated CLD due to lack of use is an updated CL of XX24.  IOW your card probably wasn't targeted due to lack of use.

Did your overall utilization jump or did you for example perform a BT leading to high utilization reporting on a single card, did you add a bunch of inquiries earlier this year, or did you for example have a large balance on the card at some point which you only made minimum or close-to-minimum payments for a few months?

No BTs or high utilization on any card, and only 1 inquiry at the time, that was at least 6 months old. I did have a 24 month/zero interest offer but those were level payments, and in any case was paid off a couple of years ago, before Synchrony took over the account.

Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What are your current scores? UTIL across all cards? Sometimes i think its all just random. Ive yet to recieve closures or cld and i would be perfect candidate. I have multiple Sync cards, my debt is high, dont use PPC ($10K)  and there was a period recently where i added quite a few inquiries. I do pif Sync but still it can be quite boggling to decipher their modus operandi. 

Have you tried just hitting the luv button again to see if limit will be restored?

Message 6 of 17
randian
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

What are your current scores? UTIL across all cards?

Fico ~730 all bureaus (only derog is a 6.5 year old paid collection). Utilization < 5% on most cards, one usually runs ~10% as it's my general spending card, occasionally spiking to 20% during certain high spending times like Black Friday.

Have you tried just hitting the luv button again to see if limit will be restored?

No, I just figured they'll defensively CLD me again.

Message 7 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@randian wrote:

Synchrony didn't close any of my cards, but they did whack me with a big CLD on my PayPal ($10k -> $1,500), basically making it useless. No notice (the only reason I found out is because I logged into my PayPal account for an unrelated reason) and no derogs.

How many SYNCB accounts do you have in total?  What is the aggreggate in combined SYNCB limits post-CLD?

Message 8 of 17
randian
Valued Member

@FinStar wrote:

@randian wrote:

How many SYNCB accounts do you have in total?  What is the aggreggate in combined SYNCB limits post-CLD?

Two accounts (Amazon Prime and PayPal), with limits now totaling $11,500.

Message 9 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@randian wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@randian wrote:

Two accounts (Amazon Prime and PayPal), with limits now totaling $11,500.

A couple things to consider, as far as the CLD, VS4 uses trended data and we know they are actively using it.  As far as the analytics or internal considerations, we certainly don't know.  But, since the PayPal account wasn't closed nor reduced to xx24 (i.e. inactivity), consider your reported income to SYNCB (in the event you have or haven't updated it) vs total SYNC exposure (as far as a %) and then evaluate your income and DTI vs your entire profile (loans -- if any, total unsecured lines, utilization).  Thankfully, both accounts remain open.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.